Edible Cookie Dough Bites
Today’s recipe was suppose to be granola bars but then I remembered that everyone’s Halloween parties are THIS weekend so you would probably want a Halloween treat this week instead of next week. Who am I kidding? This is a treat you’ll want any day of the week, month…or year. Not just Halloween. I haven’t eaten cookie dough in SO long and I can definitely say that I’m quite into it. Cookie dough is my new make out buddy.
I just made it weird, didn’t I?
So today I have my third photography class (out of four) and I’m excited to learn just a little more. We’ve learned about aperture, shutter speed and ISO but we haven’t learned much else yet. And I still have a hard time figuring out how all those three things work together. When he explains it, I don’t really understand it. But when I go out and start messing around with my camera, I get it way more. I’m so excited to finally truly understand it at some point and begin to take better photos for you guys!
Since taking this class, I totally want to do another one. I absolutely HATED school because it felt like I would never use most of my classes in the real world, even though my degree was in Health & Exercise Science. My poor parents thought I would never use my degree but luckily it has come in handy in many ways. But I was usually extremely bored in classes like economics and accounting, and the stress of tests really ruined the learning experience for me. So going to a class that has you actually physically learning everything that you read is such a breath of fresh air! Since I definitely don’t plan to continue my education in a masters degree, these four photography classes will have to do! That’s way more fun anyways.
Ok, I’m gonna go eat some edible cookie dough before class. Loveyoukbye.
Edible Cookie Dough Bites
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup softened coconut oil or ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips (or whatever chocolate you prefer), melted
- Use a hand mixer to cream together softened coconut oil (ghee or butter), sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly add the cassava flour while the hand mixer is running until all of the flour is combined. Then fold in salt and chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to pack and shape dough into 12-14 balls. Place balls in the fridge to harden for about 10-15 minutes.*
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler then use a fork to dip each cookie dough ball into the chocolate and coat on all sides. Using the fork to balance the chocolate ball, lightly tap off the excess chocolate then place on wax paper. Place all the balls in the fridge to harden the chocolate for 10 minutes .
- Before serving, let the balls come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes and serve with a toothpick!
*You will do this if you plan on covering them in chocolate because the dough can tend to melt when the warm chocolate hits it. If you are not covering them in chocolate, you eat them right there!
More Halloween Treats
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!