Guess what? We are finally married! I say that because we officially had our LAST party celebrating our nuptials. With any of these events like getting married or having babies or whatever else, there are always about a million parties tied along with it. There’s the bridal shower, wedding shower, bachelor party, bachelorette party, wedding, reception and on and on and on. And since we got married in Jamaica with just a handful of people, my mom wanted us to have one here to invite family, friends of family and all that jazz. So we finally had our LAST party and we are totally fine with that! It’s time to just be married and enjoy the little moments.
And we’ve decided the little moments should be filled with more vacations. I’ve talked about this already but we are planning a Key West and a Costa Rica trip this upcoming year! The CR trip isn’t until Spring 2017 and Key West will be in the fall since we are trying to first save up for some landscaping all while adding money to a vacation fund at the same time! And since landscaping contractors seem to all be busy AF until after summer, we won’t be enjoying out backyard much until then. But we also plan to get a hot tub so we like the winters more here in Colorado. I think snow is pointless in the downtown areas (snow is made for the mountains, where you can do sh*t in it) so we decided to invest in a hot tub so we can spend our snowy evenings hanging out in the heat and chatting about our days instead of staring at a TV. Eeeeeeek, I can’t wait!
So to save up for all these fun things we want to do, I started looking at all my monthly expenses. Which, well, is not fun. Sometimes not knowing is way more exciting. But I decided to look at my grocery bill. Because…I go to Whole Foods way more than I should. Especially since I grocery shop a few times per week to keep up with recipes for you guys. So I figured out what I was spending on groceries and decided I needed to promise myself to not shop there anymore. Sure, special occasions, but not on a regular basis. They are just SO obnoxiously expensive. And you end up buying random snack sh*t that’s so not needed. I’m excited to see how much I can save on groceries this month while completely staying away from WF.
I’ll miss you, Whole Foods, I’ll miss all your snack sh*t.
You guys. I go to Vegas this weekend for a Bachelor/Bachelorette party. There are about 30 people going so it’s gonna be real messy. Here’s the thing: I don’t want to drink much after drinking this past weekend. But what else do you do there at the pool all day long in 1 billion degree weather? Drinking just makes me a mess and makes me feel bloated, which is NOT how I want to feel in a swimsuit all day long. I want to be excited because it’s celebrating such an exciting event, but I can’t help but worry I’ll be the wet blanket that wants to stay sober. What to do, what to do.
Funny I’m talking about not drinking in a post that includes a cocktail. You’re lame, Juli.
For the rim
- lime wedge
- salt or sugar
For the jalapeño simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey (or agave if you are ok with that)
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- zest of 1/2 lime
For the margaritas
- To make your life easier, get the glasses ready first then set in the freezer until you are ready with your drink. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of a glass then place sugar or salt on a plate and dip the rim of the glass in it and all the way around. Then add crushed ice to the glass. Repeat with 4 glasses. Place in freezer.
- Place all the ingredients for the simple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat to let cool completely.
- Place pineapple on a grill pan or grill and grill for about 4-5 minutes per side, until grill marks appear. Place in fridge to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once pineapple and simple syrup have cooled, place in the both in the blender (for less spice, remove jalapeño peppers from simple syrup - I removed just a few for garnish) along with lime juice, tequila and vanilla extract. Blend until completely smooth and combine.
- Pour margarita mixture into glasses filled with crushed ice and garnish with extra grilled pineapple and jalapeños.
More Margs, Please!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Drinks / Fruit / Party