Posted by https://paleomg.com/guest-post-buffalo-chicken-meatballs/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Guest Post: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
For the meatballs
- 1 tsp. ghee
- 2 small celery ribs, finely diced (heaping 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced onion (heaping 1/2 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground chicken or turkey
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Homemade Ranch – optional but highly recommend :)
- Garnish with green onions and/or parsley – optional
For the sauce
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the ghee, celery, onion and garlic cloves. Sauté until translucent and a little brown. Remove from the skillet and let cool slightly.
- Next in a bowl, combine and mix together the chicken, almond flour, hot sauce and sauteed veggies.
- Form into 24 golf ball-sized meatballs.
- In the same large skillet you used for a sautéing the vegetables, add ¼ cup of chicken broth and heat to medium-high heat. Once chicken broth is simmering, add meatballs. Cook on medium-high heat for 6-7 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 6-7 minutes or until cooked through. Meatballs should be firm when done. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, add the sauce ingredients except for the starch. Heat to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Lastly, stir in the starch to thicken.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet and toss gently to coat.
- Serve on spaghetti squash, drizzle with homemade ranch and garnish with green onions and parsley if desire.