Guest Post: Merrymaker Paleo Cake
So excited to have the wonderful The Merrymaker Sisters on the blog today! These girls are full of personality and will knock your socks off with their recipe creations such as their Healthy Tots and their Salted Chocolate Caramel Slices. So excited and happy to introduce you PaleOMG readers to this fabulous girls if you haven’t come across their blog already! Check them out and definitely try this recipe out ASAP!
We love Juli and we love her recipes! In fact, PaleOMG was the very first blog we ever read (we didn’t even know what a blog was!). So you can imagine when we had the chance to share a recipe on PaleOMG we had to make it a little epic and delicious.
Nutella used to be one of our favourite toast toppings, icecream fillings, oh, and ‘grab a spoon and eat it straight from the jar’ kinda foods.
That’s where the inspiration for these little delightful Merrymaker Paleo Cakes came from! Think chocolate, vanilla, nut-tellary goodness. If you use macadamias in the filling it becomes this light, mousse like texture! They remind us of icecream cake… which is a really good thing to be reminded of.
The word ‘merrymaker’ means to bring joy to and we think these little delightful cakes will do just that!
~Emma + Carla
Merrymaker Paleo Cake
Prep time: Overnight plus 20 minutes Freezer time: 2 hours
- Yield: 16 1x
For the base:
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup desiccated (shredded) coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamias or cashews soaked
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
For the toppings:
- 1 cup roast hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup roast hazelnuts chopped
- 1 tbs. coconut sugar
- Grease 16 silicone cupcake moulds with a little coconut oil.
- Start with the base. In a food processor/blender, place all the ingredients and whiz until a smooth butter forms. Place tablespoons of the base in to each mould and place in to the freezer.
- Now to start with the filling. Drain and rinse the macadamias/cashews and place them in to a food processor/blender along with the coconut milk, coconut oil, sweetener, vanilla and salt
- Whiz until completely smooth, this will take around 5 minutes.
- Fill each mould with smooth vanilla filling.
- It’s time to make this cake EPIC with all the toppings!
- In a food processor/blender, place the roasted hazelnuts, coconut oil, raw cacao powder, vanilla and salt. Whiz until smooth. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Place spoonfuls of the nutty-choc butter in to the centre of each cake.
- In a small bowl mix the chopped hazelnuts and coconut sugar together. Sprinkle a little on top of each cake and place in to the freezer for 2 hours or until set.
- Turn out and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer and thaw out when you’re ready for a slice of Merrymaker Cake!
- TIP: We like to drizzle ours with extra choc-nut butter!
We’re Emma and Carla Papas, ‘The Merrymaker Sisters’, health and happiness advocates and passionate health coaches.
Our site will inspire you with real food paleo recipes and show you how to find and follow your bliss!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!