Guest Post: Paleo Cocoa Puffs
If you haven’t seen the website BrittanyAngell.com*, you are soon to be taken to an amazing food wonderland. I’m not sure how I ever came across Brittany and her fantastic recipes, but I am SO glad I did. Her recipes are creative, gorgeous, and extremely delicious. And she doesn’t just create paleo recipes, she creates recipes that help with many allergy issues that plague people and their families. I can promise you that with Brittany’s recipes, none of your friends or family members will go unsatisfied.
Check out Brittany on:
Her instagram @brittany_angell
*As of 6/2017 Brittany’s website is inactive.
In her books:
- The Essential Gluten-Free Baking Guide: Part 1
- The Essential Gluten-Free Baking Guide: Part 2
- Every Last Crumb
I might possibly be Juli’s biggest fan. I absolutely adore her non-dogmatic and very real life approach to Paleo. I am so thrilled to be guest posting here today!
I consider myself “mostly- paleo”. As an individual with Hashimotos disease I found Paleo was the most effective way to push my disease into remission. I create Grain Free and mostly Paleo recipes with a focus on avoiding top allergen foods.
Having gone through a period of feeling extremely deprived and limited in what I could eat- it was so important to me to figure out a way to recreate my favorites all over again. Food is happiness. I get excited in between my meals..and I honestly believe that’s the only way to live. I decided a few years ago that I was going to love every bite of food that I took. Granted it took some time, lots of research and experimenting to make that happen. But I did it (and I highly recommend challenging yourself in the same way!) Food should be good! This cereal recipe is a manifestation of that frame of mind. Don’t get me wrong I love my sautéed veggies and bacon for breakfast most days- but sometimes I just need some cereal.
I’ve been on a cereal kick this last month- first came the Cookie Crisp recipe, then Cinnamon Toast Crunch . And now THESE. They are crispy, crunchy and hold up fabulously in milk. If you store them in your freezer they will stay fresh for a very long time.Print
Guest Post: Paleo Cocoa Puffs
- ¾ Packed Cup of Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch/Flour
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup of oil or Melted Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg White
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (Almond Flour, Tapioca Flour, Cocoa Powder, Salt, Palm Sugar, and Baking Powder).
- Add in the Vanilla, Oil, and Eggs. Mix really well (don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!)
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll teaspoon sized balls of dough (or smaller if you have the patience) in between your palms to create little cocoa puff balls. If you find your hands getting sticky- rinse them off and dry them before continuing and or dust your hands with a little extra tapioca starch.
- Use about half the dough to make cocoa puffs for the first baking sheet. Leave a little space between each cocoa puff as they will expand in the oven.
- Place the first baking sheet into the oven and bake 18-20 minute. Halfway through baking using a spatula to flip the cocoa puffs over so that the bottoms do not burn.
- While the first tray is baking, prepare your second tray of cocoa puffs and follow the same baking instructions.
- Let cocoa puffs cool completely before eating. (They will get crispy as they cool).
Brittany Angell is the Author of the best selling Essential Gluten Free Baking Guides Part 1 & 2 and is founder of RealSustenance.com (soon to become BrittanyAngell.com *no longer active). Brittany’s focus is on recreating otherwise hard to find recipes that are Grain Free and Paleo as well as Dairy/ Egg and Refined sugar Free. Having a number of food intolerances herself, she puts a huge emphasis on giving readers substitution information to their hearts content.
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!