Italian Pasta Soup
I made this recipe for a sponsored instagram post a few months back, but I thought it needed a forever home on the blog since it’s so damn delicious. It’s made with a completely grain-free pasta made from cassava, but you could use any pasta you prefer! – lentil pasta, sweet potato pasta, brown rice pasta. I really don’t care what you do, it’s your meal! But this cassava pasta is my favorite because it holds up really well over time so it’s great for leftovers! When I first made this pasta, we ate it for days and it just got better with time. So what I recommend is that you make this soup, you eat it for the next few days, and you enjoy your week? Ok? Is that too much to ask?
After being in Cabo for a week, it feels good to be back home and soup sounds absolutely lovely. Thankfully we didn’t come home to super cold weather, but 45 degrees is cold enough. I love living in Colorado, but I’m wondering if living in paradise is a better option. My skin feels better and more hydrated, mornings are easier, and never having to wear a beanie and down jacket is a wonderful thing. Thinking about how much money I would save if I only had to purchase tank tops and shorts instead of down jackets and winter boots is mind-boggling. But where should we move? Definitely not going to Florida and California doesn’t sound very fun these days with the full lockdowns going on over there. I’ve heard people who live in Hawaii hate when others move there so it’s challenging to make friends. Sooooo, should we move to another country? This is all hypothetical and will probably never happen, but I like daydreaming about never wearing boots ever again.
Now while I daydream about our next move, I need to get my ass moving because today I start filming the new videos for Power Sculpt Beyond! I just launched Power Program 2.0 on December 31st, which is the second chapter to my first Power Program, so now I’m working on the next chapter of my Power Sculpt Program! As soon as I’m done with one project, it’s on to the next! Power Sculpt Beyond will be the next 6 months of my Power Sculpt Program which means things are getting more challenging, movements are getting more complex, and I am challenging my athletes to push themselves in new ways. It’s going to be AWEOME! And since new movements are coming in Power Sculpt Beyond, I have LOTS of videos to shoot. Each video is a full breakdown of the movement, how to properly perform it, and what the movement should NOT look like, to ensure each person in the program gets the most out of every workout. This also means hours and hours and hours of filming. So why do I continue to type? Not sure. I better get my ass moving. Now go enjoy some soup!
Italian Pasta Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 1 pound Italian sausage (spicy or mild)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1–2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 48 ounces chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 package grain-free cassava elbow pasta
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- black pepper, for garnish
- Cook Italian sausage in a large pot or dutch oven of medium heat. Once fully cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove sausage and set aside. Add celery, carrots, and yellow onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt, and garlic powder and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, and tomato sauce. Mix to combine then cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the grain-free cassava elbow pasta to the pot and cook pasta for 13-15 minutes, until al dente.
- Once pasta is cooked through, turn down heat and add Italian sausage back to the pot along with the fresh spinach. Cook for around 3 minutes to heat through and wilt the spinach. Top with black pepper before serving!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!