Why did I just eat so much? Why do bacon and eggs go well so together? Why am I watching ‘I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry’ by myself on a Saturday night?
You don’t have an answer? Me neither.
Wait. Now I’m watching ‘The Wedding Planner’. Ugh, gag me.
Actually, I know why. Because my face is in a lot of pain. Acne is straight up painful. It legitimately hurts. And trying to get rid of it hurts even more. I went to see the woman who works on my face and she definitely had her work cut out for her. So frustrating. I eat well, I work hard, but my face is still ridden with extremely unattractive bumps. Dumb. So going out on a Saturday night with my face looking like someone had thrown darts at it was out of the question. Plus going out sucks. My couch is incredibly comfortable. My blanket is even more comfortable. AND I own fuzzy socks. Boom.
Wanna know a secret that’s not really a secret now because of the world of Facebook?! My birthday is coming up. Yes, yes it is. And yes, I know I can remove my birthday from my Facebook, but who wants to do that when a ton of random people you never talk to you tell you happy birthday? That sh*t feels good. Don’t act like you don’t love it. But anyways, I’ve decided for my birthday, I’m going to spend money I don’t have on a new camera. I’m going to do it. Then maybe someday, if I have more money that doesn’t really exist, I can put together a cookbook. With good pictures. That make your stomach growl. And sing joyful songs.
Like this recipe. This bread was delicious. Straight up wonderful. ESPECIALLY with the walnuts on top. My friend Zanna had the idea of making it into french toast which is GENIUS. But I didn’t try it…because I ate all of it….pretty quickly. Laura had like 4 bites too so it evens it all out, right? Thought so.
For the bread
- 1 medium sweet potato (or yam) ~ equivalent to 1 cup, skin removed after baking
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
For the topping
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in your sweet potato and bake for 30-40 minutes or until soft and completely cooked through.*
- While your sweet potato cooks, add your dates to a food processor and pulse to combine. Then add your cashews and let run until you have paste with the cashews completely broken down and combine with the dates.
- Once your sweet potato is cooked, reduce heat of oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cashew and date mixture to a bowl, along with your baked sweet potato with the skin removed, eggs and all other bread ingredients. Mix well.
- Grease two loaf pans (I used 9 x 5 sized) and add your sweet potato mixture equally to both pans.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes then let cool.
- While the bread is baking, place a small skillet over medium heat and add your coconut oil then chopped walnuts.
- Let the walnuts begin to toast for a minute or two, then add your honey, cinnamon, maple extract, and pinch of salt.
- Mix to combine and let cook for about 1-2 minutes more.
- Add your sticky nut mixture to the top of your sweet potato breads.
- Let cool completely (the nut mixture will harden a bit) then cut and serve!
You into this? I bet you’ll love this!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Breakfast / Treats