Mina Harissa Chicken & Butternut Squash with Mint + a Giveaway!
Hey you beautiful little butterflies. Yes, this is true, I have a giveaway for you today, but you must sit through my rants first. To be nice. You are a nice person, right??? Right.
Here’s an update about some life things:
1. I endured a puncture wound on my thumb last week being an idiot and pretty much trying to remove a can lid with just my skin. Long story short, I had to get 3 stitches. They told me to come back a week later to remove them but they were going to charge me $50. HELL NO. Are you high, urgent care? I have to pay $75 to the state for being an idiot and not replacing the tags on my car, I don’t have $50 to give you! So I removed them myself. It seemed like a risky procedure to do, but I did it. I’m badass, huh? Oh ps- my boyfriend removed the stitches, but that’s besides the point.
2. I watched the movie Divergent last night and I’m into it. I think I need to read the books. Along with the 50 Shades of Grey books. I’ve thought about purchasing those books for flights, but then I would be that girl who was reading soft porn on the plane. And that’s weird. I’ve seen girls reading those books in the airport and I know what’s going through their heads and I feel dirty just knowing it. They should be reading those books in bed, next to their significant other (or friends with bennies, whatever does the trick) instead of on a plane with creepy strangers. I don’t want to be that girl.
3. Literally all I do at home is cook right now. And do dishes. I’m working on a new project that includes food, cooking, and dishes. I wish the dishes part didn’t exist. Like I could cook everything on paper plate without them lighting on fire and burning my apartment down. That’s my real wish. Someday, when I rule the world, I’m going to invent non-flammable paper plates that you can cook your meal on then they instantly cool and you eat off them then they become flammable when you want them to for easy clean up. It’s obviously an easy idea to come up with. Obviously.
4. I leave for Pittsburgh again soon. I’ve been working on part of my project out there with my friends Bill and Hayley from Primal Palate. They are crazy talented people so it’s super fun to be able to work with them. When I get there, I’m going to be doing a photo shoot. I recently bought this dress for the photo shoot, but since I have hips and datbooty, the dress comes up just a tad shorter than what it does on the model. Meaning right below my crotch. So if I stand still, awkwardly, the dress looks fine. But if I step, sit, laugh, jump, giggle, sneeze, pretty much do anything that a normal human would do, I pull a Britney Spears/Lindsey Lohan/Paris Hilton (any star that has shown her goods to the world). And I’m planning to get a good picture with this. I’m frightened. No one likes a hoe fo’ sho…except the millions of dollars they are paid for being that. Damnit, I’m in the wrong line of work.
5. All I want to do is eat these nachos. No, they aren’t paleo you dumdum, that’s exactly why they look so good. Since there are much worse things I could eat in this world, I may get down on them soon. I’m hoping that someone will just make them for me. Like, Jackson. Even though he’s a dog, he’s pretty big at this point. And kind of intelligent. If he made me nachos, my life would be officially perfect.
So that’s all that is happening in my life right now. Yep, that’s all I got. A thumb with a weird scar and a dress that doesn’t fit. Life is pretty good. And now it’s even better for 3 of you readers! Mina Harissa and I are pairing up to give 3 lucky winner a 3 pack of Mina Harissa. That means if you win, you will get a bottle of Mina Harrisa’s mild red pepper sauce, spicy red pepper sauce, and spicy green pepper sauce. And then you can put it on anything to make a meal more exciting! That’s what I’ve been doing. Eggs? Yes. Sandwich? Yes. Spaghetti Squash? Yes. It’s so great. Enter below! Giveaway ends Wednesday October 15th at 11:59pm Eastern.Print
Mina Harissa Chicken & Butternut Squash with Mint + a Giveaway!
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 4 tablespoons ghee or butter or coconut oil, melted and divided
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes (about 3 cups worth)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Mina Harissa Mild Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh mint
- avocado, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet and pour 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter or coconut oil over squash and toss. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- While butternut squash cooks, place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of ghee, butter or coconut oil. Add chicken.
- After about 5 minutes, as the chicken loses its pink, add red onion along with smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Cook until chicken is completely cooked through. Then add cooked butternut squash along with red pepper sauce to the pan and mix well.
- Remove from heat, then mix in mint then serve.
You May Also Like:
Italian Spicy Sausage & Kale Gnocchi Casserole
5 Ingredient Egg-Free Shakshuka Breakfast Bowls
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!
37 thoughts on “Mina Harissa Chicken & Butternut Squash with Mint + a Giveaway!”
I was once in the border control office in Buffalo New York, and in the waiting area was a couple who were each holding one side of 50 Shades of Grey reading it together! Creepy!
I think that dress also comes about an inch below that model’s crotch too, she’s just working it real well. I love it though and think you should stick with it. If there is an “accident”, you can always get into a new line of work like becoming the next Kardashian or something!
Oh my yumminess!
Was wondering what to make for dinner tonight, and now I don’t have to wonder anymore. Looks awesome!
Signed up for the giveaway too. Thanks1
as i read your blogs i just think to myself “i love this girl she is so ME”
sounds wonderful…the recipe…and I bet the scent of the spices and that butternut squash on a rainy chilly evening is fabulous!!!!
New butternut squash recipes are always exciting for me since it’s definitely one of my favorites.
well, the dress is from a site called “nasty gal”, so i’m sure the intent is to flash your lady bits. just saying!
‘Tis the season – I love butternut squash + chicken and the red pepper sauce. It’s sold out on her website, so would love to win it!
I agree about the nachos, they look suuuuuper good. And i’m so hoping I win this my birthday is the 15th and it would be a great bday present! 🙂
I have yet to read the 50 Shades series, but it’s definitely on my list. Unfortunately, all I get to read right now are textbooks. Lame.
Cute dress! Best of luck keeping your…who-ha covered! 😉
Loved your rants, sounds like you had a hectic week.
Can’t wait to try the chicken butternut squash recipe.
You should wear tights/hose with your dress, it would help the dress flow and give you another inch in length, and it would be beautiful in the picture.
You should wear leggings or tights under the dress. Then you’ll have nothing to worry about 😉
Loving this recipe, btw!
The only thing I would change is take out the “optional” part of the avocado. They are a must! I still have Mint growing in the yard. Can’t wait to try this recipe!
Cute dress! Hopefully you don’t have any accidents. Ugh, I’m one of those girls I guess. I ride the bus everyday, to and from work, and that’s when I get to read my books which are usually adventure novels, but right now I’m reading some trashy romance…. 😀
I am a terrible cool and so avoid it at all cost (which is probably one if the reasons I suck in that dept- vicious cycle, I know) but I love love love getting your emails. You crack me up, woman! Love the sense of humor, and I do enjoy looking and the wonderful food and fashion.
Cook! Not cool! Haha!
That dress is absolutely gorgeous! And I’m so, so excited about your new project. Seriously, those Instagram teasers… Also, the last picture is absolutely gorgeous, Juli! Your photography has been seriously amazing lately!
Uumm can I get in on this whole paper plate deal with you…?
girl, dishes are the death of me. i work in a bakery and i do all of the dishes. when i get home and cook food, it’s the last thing i wanna do since i had to do them all day. you seriously need to invent something so i don’t spend my entire life with a sponge.
I recently cut my pinky open with a mandolin slicer and had to get a couple of stitches, so I know how you feel…it sucks!
Glad you’re spending so much time here in Pittsburgh! We have such a great city, but it’s unfortunately underrated all to often.
I made this recipe last night and it was delicious. I roasted the butternut squash for closer to 45 minutes to get it nicely browned, and added some fresh lemon juice at the end to brighten up the dish a bit. I used a spicy middle-eastern harissa mix as well. The avocado was a welcome complement to the heat! Thanks for the recipe.
I love using fresh mint in recipes! Butternut squash is my favorite veggie! In fact, I had some for breakfast, sprinkled with cinnamon and with a little homemade almond butter on top. My family thinks I’m weird for eating stuff like that for breakfast. Oh well!
I love love love reading your posts and recipes. Of all the paleo/healthy folks i follow, you are the BEST because you make me laugh! Keep doing what you’re doing because it’s wonderful.
I think I found out about how sweet eats from you. All her stuff looks so good! About two months ago she did a football food post…seriously wanted about 50 things on her list.
Love your blogs. Not a fan of squash, but I am trying to be more open minded about it so thanks for a recipe that looks tasty!
Had a version of this Sunday night and it was awesome! I didn’t have harrisa sauce, so had to mix what I had, using dill instead of carraway and much less than one cup. But it was SO good. Will try the real recipe next week. Thanks!
Chef Jeffrey Saad introduced us to Harissa a few years ago on Food Network, but it was very hard to find then. Now my market carries several blends by Mina Harissa. Your recipe is perfect! I’m going to eat the whole recipe all by myself. Sounds like a great breakfast, Holly! You’re the best, Juli. Thanks so much!
Juli-thank you for bringing this recipe into my life!!! I couldn’t find the harissa sauce is the store so I attempted to make my own. I have no idea of it turned out how it was supposed to but DAMN this was a tasty dinner!
The paper plate idea sounds awesome! Maybe if this paleo thing doesn’t work out 😉 you’ll become the inventor of the greatest invention ever made. Way better than post-it notes.
I was so excited to see that I’d won the Mina Harissa giveaway. They are awesome. I used spoonfuls of the green to spice up some yellow tomato soup and tonight I made this recipe using the spicy red. So goo! Thanks juli!
Is there a substitute for the Harissa sauce? I can’t find it anywhere,
not for this particular recipe. you can buy Mina products online
I have made this before. Its delish. I am back to get the recipe for round 2.
This dish is amazing. Smoky, spicy, filling. Don’t skimp on the mint – it adds a nice balance to the harina.
What you need for that dress is a little black half-slip with a funky hem. like a knife-pleated hem, or even some lace if you could fin one that worked with the floral print.