Hey you beautiful little butterflies. Yes, this is true, I have a giveaway for you today, but you must sit through my rants first. To be nice. You are a nice person, right??? Right.
Here’s an update about some life things:
1. I endured a puncture wound on my thumb last week being an idiot and pretty much trying to remove a can lid with just my skin. Long story short, I had to get 3 stitches. They told me to come back a week later to remove them but they were going to charge me $50. HELL NO. Are you high, urgent care? I have to pay $75 to the state for being an idiot and not replacing the tags on my car, I don’t have $50 to give you! So I removed them myself. It seemed like a risky procedure to do, but I did it. I’m badass, huh? Oh ps- my boyfriend removed the stitches, but that’s besides the point.
2. I watched the movie Divergent last night and I’m into it. I think I need to read the books. Along with the 50 Shades of Grey books. I’ve thought about purchasing those books for flights, but then I would be that girl who was reading soft porn on the plane. And that’s weird. I’ve seen girls reading those books in the airport and I know what’s going through their heads and I feel dirty just knowing it. They should be reading those books in bed, next to their significant other (or friends with bennies, whatever does the trick) instead of on a plane with creepy strangers. I don’t want to be that girl.
3. Literally all I do at home is cook right now. And do dishes. I’m working on a new project that includes food, cooking, and dishes. I wish the dishes part didn’t exist. Like I could cook everything on paper plate without them lighting on fire and burning my apartment down. That’s my real wish. Someday, when I rule the world, I’m going to invent non-flammable paper plates that you can cook your meal on then they instantly cool and you eat off them then they become flammable when you want them to for easy clean up. It’s obviously an easy idea to come up with. Obviously.
4. I leave for Pittsburgh again soon. I’ve been working on part of my project out there with my friends Bill and Hayley from Primal Palate. They are crazy talented people so it’s super fun to be able to work with them. When I get there, I’m going to be doing a photo shoot. I recently bought this dress for the photo shoot, but since I have hips and datbooty, the dress comes up just a tad shorter than what it does on the model. Meaning right below my crotch. So if I stand still, awkwardly, the dress looks fine. But if I step, sit, laugh, jump, giggle, sneeze, pretty much do anything that a normal human would do, I pull a Britney Spears/Lindsey Lohan/Paris Hilton (any star that has shown her goods to the world). And I’m planning to get a good picture with this. I’m frightened. No one likes a hoe fo’ sho…except the millions of dollars they are paid for being that. Damnit, I’m in the wrong line of work.
5. All I want to do is eat these nachos. No, they aren’t paleo you dumdum, that’s exactly why they look so good. Since there are much worse things I could eat in this world, I may get down on them soon. I’m hoping that someone will just make them for me. Like, Jackson. Even though he’s a dog, he’s pretty big at this point. And kind of intelligent. If he made me nachos, my life would be officially perfect.
So that’s all that is happening in my life right now. Yep, that’s all I got. A thumb with a weird scar and a dress that doesn’t fit. Life is pretty good. And now it’s even better for 3 of you readers! Mina Harissa and I are pairing up to give 3 lucky winner a 3 pack of Mina Harissa. That means if you win, you will get a bottle of Mina Harrisa’s mild red pepper sauce, spicy red pepper sauce, and spicy green pepper sauce. And then you can put it on anything to make a meal more exciting! That’s what I’ve been doing. Eggs? Yes. Sandwich? Yes. Spaghetti Squash? Yes. It’s so great. Enter below! Giveaway ends Wednesday October 15th at 11:59pm Eastern.
- 4 tablespoons ghee or butter or coconut oil, melted and divided
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1" cubes (about 3 cups worth)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Mina Harissa Mild Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh mint
- avocado, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet and pour 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter or coconut oil over squash and toss. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- While butternut squash cooks, place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of ghee, butter or coconut oil. Add chicken.
- After about 5 minutes, as the chicken loses its pink, add red onion along with smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Cook until chicken is completely cooked through. Then add cooked butternut squash along with red pepper sauce to the pan and mix well.
- Remove from heat, then mix in mint then serve.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!