Posted by https://paleomg.com/moroccan-lamb-tagine/
© 2015 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 lb. lamb shoulder (can also use lamb shank or leg of lamb)
- Sea salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lamb spice mix (combo of rosemary, rose petals, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, mint) – you can also buy pre-mixed lamb or Moroccan seasoning if you don't have all of these spices
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 8 matchstick slices ginger, 1-inch each
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups prunes
- Lay onions and carrots at the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cover with water (just enough to barely cover).
- Lightly season the lamb with sea salt and pepper.
- Spice both sides of the lamb with the spice mixture, and then lay it on top of the onions and carrots.
- Make a few slits in the lamb, and stuff with chopped garlic and rosemary.
- Add the ginger, apricots, and prunes to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove the ginger, shred the lamb, and serve!