SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Curried Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Well I’m back from Texas. I’m sure you were wondering. Glad to be back and in my own house and bed. I slept in a twin size bed the entire week and I’ve told you about my ass size before…it doesn’t work well in small beds. Anywho, I actually really enjoyed Texas. The weather is pretty nice in the winter. It gets a little cold but there was no snow on the ground and I didn’t have to dig my car out for once. Or slide across the streets in the ice. Or be frustrated since my minimus shoes soak up the water. I like Texas. It was dry. Still wish I could have given Austin a go. I would love to see what all the hype is in that city. People say it’s the Boulder of Texas. I’m not sure if that’s suppose to be a good thing. Whatever.
So let’s sum up the week. Instead of spending much time with my family, I spent my time at CrossFit Deep Ellum. Loved it. I feel bad they had to see me in my spandex shorts, but sh*t happens. Spandex pants get a bit hot in the butt. And if you’re my Facebook friend, you know my butt tends to eat my shorts, so I can’t have my butt being sweaty. Ew. I’m grossed out by what I’m saying at this point.
Anywho, I spent my last night at my uncle’s house for dinner. We had a ridiculously fantastic dinner. Like, my god it was good. He cooked salmon, we made the goat cheese and almond stuffed-bacon wrapped dates, I made the twice baked sweet potatoes, and his wife made the salad and dessert. She’s a genius. Her dessert was like eating heaven. It was pretty much Baklava but it somehow was 10x better. I love her. But the real excitement of the night (to normal people-my excitement was the food) were the children. I have a 5 year old cousin and now have 2 twin cousins, around 9 months. People freaking love babies. So weird. I just feel bad for my uncle and aunt. Sh*t is crazy there. I honestly have no idea how they do it. Children throw fits, they cry, they crap themselves, they pick their noses, they wipe what they picked out of their nose on you…they really do everything I’m not a fan of. Awesome birth control. Not that I’m getting any dates that will lead to needing birth control, but still. Parents literally are saints.
Paleo Curried Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 3–4 sweet potatoes (if you’re buying them for this specific recipes, try to buy the rounder/fatter ones so they are easier to restuff than the long skinny ones)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1–2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- teaspoon ground cloves
- teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons fat of choice (I used olive oil because it was all I had on hand)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, place open side down on a cookie sheet and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until you press on the skin of the sweet potato and it “gives” a bit.
- While the sweet potatoes bake, pull out a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add your fat to the pan, once hot, add your onions.
- When your onions begin to sweat, add your Italian sausage. Break up your sausage with a wooden spoon or whatever and let cook down.
- Once your sweet potatoes are done cooking, pull them out and let cool for just a couple minutes. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the insides and place in a large bowl.
- When your Italian sausage is cooked through, add it directly to the bowl with the sweet potatoes. If you don’t want the excess fat, you can use a slotted spoon to scoop out everything and leave the fat, but I don’t give a sh*t honestly.
- Add your spices to the sweet potatoes/Italian sausage mixture. Thoroughly combine. Taste to see if you need more of any of them. I always use more curry and salt because I’m smart.
- Restuff your potato skins with the curry sweet potato and sausage mixture.
- Put your oven on broil and place the stuffed sweet potatoes back in the oven to cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned on the top with just a little crispness to it!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!