SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Sausage Spaghetti Squash Bake
Lots of sh*t happened in a small amount of time this weekend. Me and some ladies headed up to Breckenridge for the lovely Laura’s birthday. She’s just so great. She’s my roommate. I know her. And now she’s 24. What a boring age. I think that’s how she felt about it. 21 is exciting, 22 is still fun since you’re in college, then after that…it gets a little dull. I’m biased though, I just want to eat almond butter on my birthday, personally.
Anywho, we went to Breck to snowboard and hang out at our friend’s house for the night. And when I say “we went to snowboard” I mean them. I don’t do the mountain sports thing. Yes, I’m from Colorado. No, I don’t care if you think that’s weird. I stayed in at our friend’s house and worked on my computer, wrapped in a blanket. Oh and I also went to CrossFit of Breckenridge up there!! That was what I was looking forward to most, honestly. I got to wod with one of the awesome coaches up there and cheered on by the other. Pretty freakin’ cool if you ask me. The head coach called me kiddo. I love him. Good coaches and athletes aka wicked cool gym.
So we finished our time up in Breckenridge at a bar. Ok….what is up with the dudes up there? I know all they care about is being on the mountain all day and getting drunk at night…but don’t they want to get laid?? The way these bros look and act…I have no idea how they have ever got any. I seriously can’t even repeat some of the things that were said to us. It was like being in 3rd grade again if 3rd graders knew absurdly disgusting words and had filthy minds. No but seriously. Douche bags.
So we finished the night off at D’Corazon in Denver. Have you eaten there? You haven’t? You only go to The Rio Grande for margaritas? Oh, you’re lame. Dom has told me about that restaurant many times but I never got the chance to try it. Finally did. Had the carnitas. Effing ridiculously good. Like wiiicked good. And I hear their margaritas are delicious AND strong. So stop going to The Rio. Their food tastes like carpet.Print
Paleo Sausage Spaghetti Squash Bake
- 1lb Italian sausage
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1 bundle of kale, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half and use a spoon to remove the seeds and excess threads from your squash. Use some muscle.
- Place open side down on a baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until you can press into your squash and it gives a bit.
- While your squash bakes, heat up a large pot under medium-high heat and add your Italian sausage. Break up with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once your sausage is cooked through, remove with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl.
- Keep the extra fat from the meat in the pot, add your minced garlic and add your kale, onions, and chicken broth. Combine.
- Then add your coconut milk and spices. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pull your spaghetti squash out of the oven and dethread with a fork.
- Once your kale is wilted and onions have begin to become translucent, remove from heat and add your spaghetti squash as well as your egg to the kale/onion mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Then add your cooked Italian sausage and mix together.
- Place the mixed ingredients into a baking dish (or same pot if it’s oven safe) and spread out evenly.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!