Savory Sweet Potato Meatloaf
Where the hell have I been all your life? I know you’re asking yourself that since I haven’t posted in almost a week. Sad, sad day. But I’m back! In full force. Internet was down last week and oven is still broken, so it’s been a bit difficult to actually cook then post anything. But now that I can post, let’s sum up the weekend.
I wanted to dress up, look cute, dance, and get a guys number. Well none of the above occurred. I don’t know why I think that will actually happen. Or why I would ever want a guys number from a bar. Or why I would ever decide to wear heels downtown. As soon as the heels went on, and I walked 8 blocks to the Rio, I was doomed. My feet hurt so bad that I literally snuck away from my friends, got a taxi, and went home to make almond meal pancakes. My lord, I’m such a bore. They were delicious though. Friday nights are just way more fun to me when they are filled with paleo pancakes and the Food Network. I’m going to be alone forever. Sh*t.
Ok, but here is the REALLY important bit of info I have for you. I have this stuff called 13 year old pre-pubescent boy acne. I am 23 years old and I just recently got acne. It’s stupid. Anywho, my doctor put me on some intense antibiotics that have some freaky possible side effects. You don’t want to even know what they are. Trust me. But the main thing is….dun dun dun….I’m not allowed to have dairy while on these pills. Oops, I had greek yogurt last night. Whoopsies, just remembered that. Back to the point though, that means I’m not allowed to have heavy cream in my morning/afternoon/night americanos. O.M.G. life just isn’t worth living at this point. Ok, that’s a bit dramatic. I’ve been drinking them with coconut milk instead and have been quite content. Especially since I’ve been getting my americanos at Kaladi Coffee in the D.U. area. If you haven’t tried their coffee yet, YOU NEED TO. So awesome. I’m actually sitting in here right this very second. Look at that heavy cream staring at me. The guy here knew my order…I’ve obviously been in here more than once. The barista knows my drug of choice: an adorable cup of heavy cream. You have no idea how many times I’ve looked at that cup and thought about drinking it.Print
Paleo Savory Sweet Potato Meatloaf
- 2.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 sweet potato, shredded
- 1 sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1lb uncured bacon
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Time to get your meatloaf ‘insides’ ingredients going. So take 1/2 of the 1lb of bacon and chop it up into bite size pieces. Add to a deep saute pan and begin to cook down. Once the fat has began to rise, add your chopped onions and raisins to the pan to cook with the bacon.
- While those ingredients cook together, shred your sweet potato either in your food processor with the shredding attachment or with a shredder.
- Once the bacon is cooked through, the onions are slightly translucent, and the raisins have begun to bloat (you’ll see what I mean) add them to a large bowl along with all other ingredients: beef, sweet potatoes, almond meal, eggs, and all seasonings.
- Now use your hands to get dirty. Mix all ingredients thoroughly together and press meat into 2-3 bread loaf pans. I get the disposable ones because then there is no clean up. I’m dirty enough as it is.
- Top off the meatloaf with the extra slices of bacon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!