Guess what Laura and I are doing this weekend? Dancing. We’re gonna get ready in our 2×2 bathroom, listen to loud music on channel 901 ‘the hit list’, while probably consuming adult beverages in our kitchen AND THEN go to Rock Bar. It’s going to be like college all over again. We lived together in college where every Thursday night, I would get ready, dance, and consume multiple shots in a small time frame while Laura sat and stared at everyone else getting ready. Laura has this thing called natural beauty, she needs around 18 minutes to get ready. Me on the other hand, that’s a sh*t show. I need around 1 hour to look even close to civilized. If I’m actually getting dressed to go out, I’m making sure this stuff called acne is covered the hell up. Oh screw you acne. Ok, I need to pull myself together. Back to the point.
Even though we are going to dance like true idiots just like our college days, now it’ll be a little different. Our senior year was a bit obnoxious…well at least for me. This is what a usual Thursday/Friday/Saturday night looked like.
- I would consume 4-5 shots PRIOR to leaving for the bars. Prior. Terrible idea.
- After we were warm and cozy with alcohol, we would bike the mile or so to the bars. Stopping at “our spot” to take pictures. No idea how or why it became the spot, but it was a good spot.
- Then all of us girls would dance on the bar. We were very classy. Most all of us fell off at some point during our senior year drinking fest. Every classier.
- We would somehow all drunkenly split off in the middle of the night.
- Then we would all re-meet in the morning to consume 1-2 breakfast burritos from Qdoba. And Laura and I were both thinner back then. What the sh*t?! Makes no sense. F*ck age.
Oh college senior year was so fun. I’m going to relive some stories throughout some of my blog posts. It makes for good memories. Memories meaning Laura telling stories and me wishing I actually remembered anything she was talking about. Anyways, Laura and I are going to rock out at Rock Bar. Where else can you dance on creepy carpeting in a bar off of Colfax….dumb question. It’s going to be fantastic.
For the pork-
- 2lbs pork loin or roast
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 white pepper
- 1/4 thyme
For the sauce-
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all spices to a large bowl or shallow dish. Place pork in the spices and coat evenly all around. Use your hands to massage that pig and get all the spices rubbed in.
- Place pork in a baking dish and cook in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until internal temperate of the pork is around 160-180 degrees.
- While the pork is cooking, make your chunky sauce. Slice and dice your apples and onions and mince your garlic.
- Heat up a large skillet with a bit of olive oil or coconut oil and add your garlic. Once your smell the garlic, add the onions to cook for about 2 minutes, then add apples as well.
- When the onions begin to become translucent, add coconut milk and vinegar to the mix along with your curry powder and salt/pepper.
- Reduce heat and let simmer. The sauce will thicken up over time so let it be, stirring occassionally.
- When the pork is done cooking, let rest for around 10 minutes. Then cut into chops. Pour sauce on top.
- It's stupid good. I love curry. If you don't love curry, I hate you.
Fruit / Pork