I just don’t get some people. Sometimes I feel like all politeness and thoughtfulness has left this earth. Even common sense. Yeah, definitely common sense. Like this woman outside of my house the other day. I turn down my street to park next to my house and she is taking the plastic bag that holds our newspaper in it. Obviously she was using this bag to pick up her dogs poo, which was thoughtful, BUT instead of placing the paper on our doorstep, she leaves it on the sidewalk.
So what this meant is that the ads that were wrapped up in the newspaper were no longer restricted by the plastic bag. Oh no, they became free to do whatever the hell they wanted to. So you know what they did? They went flying. All over the place. And that meant I was stuck running down the block grabbing these stupid advertisements for Walmart and Kohl’s. You know what I don’t care about? Advertisements for Walmart and Kohl’s. You know what I do care about? Littering. Littering is bad. And this woman pretty much made me litter. And made me run around like an idiot in my purple spandex pants, which aren’t as flattering as I’d hoped, to keep litter from stalking my neighborhood. How impolite. So not only did I end up leaving behind some of the stupid ads that flew through the air, but I scared small children in my purple pants. Damn you random bag stealing lady, damn you.
Losing the remote is extremely frustrating. Especially since it’s stuck on the food channel and I’m salivating at a constant rate.
Christmas cookies are haunting my house right now. Christmas cookies + food channel = Juli out of control.
Speaking of out of control, I surprisingly didn’t get that way over the weekend. I think as I age, I am actually figuring out what moderation is. Maybe not when it comes to food, but definitely with alcohol. I’ve finally begun to understand that you don’t need to take 7 shots in a row, within 30 minutes…because if I’m going to try to wear heels more often, I need steady feet. And steady feet do not correlate with 7 shots in 30 minutes. I’m trying to get an early start on a new years resolution…of being more sexy. I know I know, that’s impossible for me. But I’m trying. Starting with more pairs of heels and less shots. It’s gonna be a good year. I can feel it. Especially since my book is on preorder right now!! Omgcool.
- 3-4 roasted red peppers, roughly chopped (I used jarred in water kind. but you could roast your own)
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-3 tablespoons fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 avocado, diced (to garnish)
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- 4-5 cooked sausage of choice (I used a sundried tomato chicken sausage)
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add in your fat, garlic and onion. Cook up onions until they are translucent.
- Then add in your roasted red peppers with broth and coconut milk along with your smoked paprika, paprika, red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt and pepper. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, slice up your sausages and cook on a skillet on both sides.
- Once everything has simmered, scoop out your avocado and add to the saucepan along with your lime juice. Then use an immersion blender to mix until soup is smooth and creamy. If you don't have an immersion blender, add it to your food processor, like I did. I did it in two batches so my kitchen wouldn't become messier than it already is.
- Top soup with diced avocado, chopped cilantro, and sausage. So divine.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
Soups / Veggies