Beef burgers are delicious, buffalo burgers are wicked good, and turkey burgers can be jazzed up a million ways, so why not use chicken to make an awesome burger, right? Well actually, I was shopping at Sunflower Market and they had ground chicken on sale (it’s cheap enough as it is) so i snatched a package up (no, not overhead silly) to try my best at a burger. Don’t expect for these chicken burgers to be the best thing you’ve ever tasted. Once again, i tend to make simple meals that i can pack away from the week. I bought 1.39lbs of ground chicken and made it into 4 patties but you can buy however much you would like!! Whatever you decide to do with your chicken burgers, try topping them off with something you enjoy whether that be a fried egg, mustard, relish (no sugar, duh), green chiles, or some cooked onions and mushrooms. Make this burger your own! I made this dish with asparagus because it was on sale but you can put along anything that suits your fancy.Print
Simple Paleo Chicken Burgers
- 1lb (or more) ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1–2 tablespoons italian seasoning (a mix of basil, oregano, thyme, and sage)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 bundle asparagus, ends cut off
- 1 avocado
- some kind of fat–olive oil, coconut oil, etc. (this is if you decide to use a skillet)
- Grab out a large bowl and put your ground chicken into the bowl.
- Add all seasonings and get your hands a bit dirty. Mix the ground chicken and seasoning together until well combined.
- This is where you can be creative–heat up your grill for more of a burger flare OR be like me (not having a grill) and heat up a large skillet with a bit of fat.
- Divide meat into 4 equal portion sizes and create chicken burger patties, rounding them out then flattening them down a bit.
- Add to grill or skillet. Let these cook for about 8-10 minutes on both sides or until the centers are no longer pink. They may take a bit less time on the grill though!
- Now once your chicken burgers are good and cooked, set them off to the side and add your asparagus directly to the pan (you may have to drain a bit of the leftover fat, but keep some for flavor!!).
- Add a little extra garlic powder and onion powder to your asparagus spears while they cook. Toss them around a bit so they get coated and then add about a tablespoon of water to your pan and cover so they are able to steam for a few minutes.
- Once they have steamed and are ready to eat, grab a chicken burger and put it along side some spears and top it off with a bit of avocado.
These burgers are great re-heated and can be eaten throughout the week if you’re eating for one like me!! I had them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner one day. A bit over the top? Of course, but i am as well. Post your thoughts to comments!! I would love to hear from you!