Simple Skirt Steak with Romesco Sauce
Let’s talk about tv shows. You people were right, Breaking Bad really doesn’t get good until the 5th season. Which sucks, since that’s the last season. We stuck with Breaking Bad mostly because after we had watched the 1st season, we had to stick with it. I’m not a quitter. I mean, only when I want to be. But we didn’t quit it. We watched every season, which was just constantly depressing and finally something actually happened in the last season. But I still never loved the show. It’s like watching a movie that doesn’t have a happy ending…I’m just not into that sort of thing. Everybody loves a happy ending, naaamean?
Next show. I’m in love with the show Mixology. Have you seen it yet? It’s a show about 10 strangers who all somehow meet each other at a bar in one night, but every episode is about a different run-in with someone at the bar. And each episode has a short story about the person. The whole point is to kind of guess who is going to end up together. I wonder what it was like to tape all these episodes in the same outfits. I bet that was a slight bummer. Just a slight, I mean because you’re getting paid to be on tv, which seems like a positive to me. Anywho, the show is real great. Especially for ladies. It’s kind of like my new New Girl since that show has lost some of it’s quick wit. Such a shame. Shamey shame shame.
Another show: Shameless. Ok, so that show is another downer kind of show BUT it has some humor sprung in here and there. Mostly because the characters are hilarious. But the show is pretty edgy, which I’m in to. Conservative humans beware, you may not, meaning will not like this show. Don’t think I’m talking about politics, I don’t go there. I’m talking about conservatives as the traditional humans, they wouldn’t be into some of the naughty scenes in this show. Guys on girls on girls on guys on guys on girls on drugs in jail in trouble under house arrest. That’s kind of what it’s like, but way better.
Stop being offended.
Total Divas, of how I love you. I don’t know why. Probably because it’s like reading a trash magazine but watching it all unfold before your eyes. The girls not only are super nice to look at and they honestly do some pretty insane stuff in WWE. I’ve never actually watched a WWE show, mostly because I would only watch the girls fight, but the things I’ve seen those ladies do is pretty insane. They pick each other up and throw each other. Based on the CrossFit workouts I’ve done with a partner, picking up another human is not fun. Nor easy. Anywho, even one of the girls got kicked in the mouth and lost a tooth. Pretty badass right? Yes. Especially since she did it while in spandex with absolutely nothing jiggling. I don’t get how that works, but I applaud them for that.
Tv I hate: march madness. Ugh. The worst.Print
Simple Skirt Steak with Romesco Sauce
- Yield: 3-4 1x
For the sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whole, raw almonds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the rest of the dish
- 1 tablespoon butter (or other fat such as coconut oil, etc.)
- 1 pound skirt steak
- salt and pepper, to season the steak
- bundle of asparagus, ends removed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, steamed
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut milk
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Turn on gas stove and place a red bell pepper over the flame, using tongs to rotate the pepper as it chars. Char on all sides of the pepper then set aside to cool. Once cooled, place under cold water, peel off the black skin and remove the stem and seeds. Set aside for later.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add cherry tomatoes, almonds, and garlic cloves. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, remove almonds from baking sheet then put the sheet back in the oven to roast for another 15 minutes.
- Once tomatoes have roasted and slightly exploded, place the roasted red pepper, tomatoes, almonds, garlic cloves, and the rest of the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor and puree until smooth: about 30 seconds.
- Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter to the pan. Once the pan is super hot, salt and pepper both sides of the steak and place the whole skirt steak in the pan. Let sear for about 5 minutes per side, or until steak is cooked to preference. Remove from pan, set on a cutting board and cover with foil to let rest.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add asparagus and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes.
- While the asparagus cooks, place steamed cauliflower in a blendtec or food processor and puree until smooth, scraping the sides of the blender as needed. Add coconut milk and salt halfway through to help fully puree and smooth out the cauliflower.
- Now for set up: Thinly slice the skirt steak against the grain. Plate the pureed cauliflower, asparagus stalks, and steak on a plate and top with a couple spoonfuls of romesco sauce.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!