Yes, I have ANOTHER amazing cookbook to add to your collection of books. But guess what? This one isn’t all strict paleo, because well, I know some of you aren’t paleo 100% of the time. Some of you are vegetarian, some of you eat paleo but with some dairy, some of you eat rice, and some of you just dabble. So today I’m sharing a delicious new cookbook that is full of healthy, quick meals to help keep you on track throughout the week!
Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Quick-Fix and Slow Cooker Recipes is a hardcover book that is filled with recipes you can make in under 30 minutes or recipes you can put in the slow cooker to have when you get home from work! The book starts off with tips for staying on track during a busy life. It gives details of creating a plan, cooking in season, packing the pantry and filling the fridge and freezer so that you’re always ready to create a meal for you and your family!
Gina Homolka and Heather Jones in Skinnytaste Fast and Slow also give you some slow cooker secrets and fast cooking basics like searing food or creating a mental game plan. They simply help you prepare yourself so you’re always ready to make some sort of fast or slow recipe, no matter what day it is! They even have a month of meal plans in the book to help you get started while you get the hang of it!
In the book, you’ll find that section is divided into fast recipes and slow recipes. And here’s what kind of sections you’ll find:
- Healthy Mornings
- Chiles, Soup, and Stews
- One Bowl Meals
- Noodles, Squashta, Pasta, and Sauce
- Taco Night
- Poultry Mains
- Meat Lovers Mains
- Fish & Seafood Mains
- Meatless Mains
- On the Side
- The Sweeter Side
Skinnytaste Fast and Slow has so many different kinds of recipes to choose from, but here are just some of my paleo favorites:
- This recipe I’m sharing because DUH, smoothie bowls are the best!
- Slow Cooker Butternut-Apple Soup with Crispy Leeks
- Shrimp & Summer Squash Noodles Baked in Foil
- Butternut Squash Noodles with Pancetta and Poached Egg
- Ahi Poke Jicama Tacos
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker Triple Almond Flourless Brownies
Skinnytaste Fast and Slow just released today so don’t forget to grab it on Amazon right now for 40% off and check out more of Gina’s recipes at Skinnytaste.com! Support the people out there that are continuing to spread the word about healthy living and bringing new FREE recipes to the world wide web on a regular basis!
- In a high-speed blender, combine the bananas, almond milk, almond butter, and 1 teaspoon of the chia seeds and blend until smooth (if you don't have a high-speed blender, thaw the bananas a bit first).
- Pour the smoothie into 2 bowls and top with the strawberries, blueberries, chopped almonds, and remaining 1 teaspoon chia seeds.
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Breakfast / Fruit