Spanish Chicken & Rice (on the grill!!)
I think it’s been a week since I started oil cleansing. Maybe less than that. Either way, it kinda sucks right now. I read everywhere that it gets worse before it gets better because it’s pulling all the sh*t out of your skin BUT I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case for me. Welp, my hoping was pointless. I’m definitely breaking out worse than I was. I’m really hoping that it’s a good thing and I’ll look like a Disney character soon. Disney characters never have acne. What kind of lies are we feeding our children?!?! Kidding. I’ve just now cut out all things nuts (I know you’re giggling you weirdo) to make sure those they aren’t the culprit, but it hasn’t made that big of difference. Life is kinda boring without nuts. I would know. Go on. Giggle more. Ok, I’m done complaining. I did enough of that on Monday talking about cellulite. My b. F*ckin cellulite.
My workout on Monday has left me unable to function. For reals. I can’t walk, I can’t squat. I hobble everywhere I go. I literally feel like my quads are tearing. I haven’t felt this way since Regionals. Remember that one time, like one paragraph, how I said I’d stop complaining…I lied.
I made a smoothie last night that tasted like peanut butter and jelly. No lying there. Ask Laura. She loved it. I would honestly eat smoothies for every meal, every day, if my ass weren’t the size of a Buick. I’m kidding. I meant a Cadillac.
Ok, I have a cool new product to tell you about. If you ARE eating nuts still, you’re lucky, and this is perfect for you. My friends loved them. These little snack bar/cookie things are DELICIOUS. And they have a crap ton of flavors to boot! If you need an on-the-go snack or a little boost of energy, they are perfect! Some nuts, some coconut, and some magic goes into these bars. They are called Cocomo Joe bars. You gotta check out their website and like their Facebook page!
Let’s talk about this recipe real quick. It’s delicious. Cauliflower rice is pretty awesome anyways, but now you can make it on the grill. EVEN BETTER. The one thing you do need to remember is that if you add too much liquid to your rice, you will have soup. Soup in the summer just kind of sucks. But that’s personal opinion. Another personal opinion I have is that olives suck. They just do. I’ve tried and tried and tried, but there’s no getting past it. Olives taste like death. Therefore, I picked around them. But I still made this recipe with olives so you people out there would be happy little eaters. You’re welcome.Print
Spanish Chicken & Rice (on the grill!!)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin and bones*
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves and stem removed, cut into pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- handful of pimento stuff olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Light yo’ grill!
- Now take an extra long piece of foil, I’d say about 3 feet long then fold it in half so you have a double layer of foil and then it’s only 1.5 feet long.
- Curl up the edges like you’re trying to make yourself a foil bowl.
- Toss your cauliflower into a food processor that has the shredding attachment connected. This will make your cauliflower easier to rice.
- Once your cauliflower is riced, add in to your foil bowl.
- Pour your vegetable broth and coconut milk over the rice.
- Now sprinkle some paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper over your rice and give it a good stir.
- Place chicken over your rice, and onions and olives all around it. Use the rest of your seasonings to top off the chicken and everything else.
- Pull out another piece of foil, big enough to cover your foil bowl, and place on top.
- Use your handy dandy fingers to pinch and curl up the sides so you have a nice little steaming package for the grill.
- Place on the grill for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Eat up sugar cup!
If you hate skin on your chicken and bones piss you off, go skinless and boneless BUT the juices that come out of the chicken help with the rice and flavor, so your recipe may not come out the same. Don’t say i didn’t warn you.
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!