Spring Vegetable Lemon Basil Pasta
Happy Thursday! I’m at a new restaurant right now, about to get brunch with my best friend and catch up since we missed each other on my birthday while I was in Dallas. New restaurants keep popping up here in Denver weekly so there is always something new to try. Today it’s Morning Collective with pork belly and gluten free pancakes. No better way to start a Thursday, really. Plus I’m downing coffee like a teenager girl drinking a Frap for the first time and I’m sweating profusely. LET’S CRUSH THIS THURSDAY.
Tomorrow is another belated birthday celebration! We are going to get sushi and my SIL ordered me a gluten free chocolate cake, which is perfect timing since that time of the month is coming on and I’m a raging b*tch. I don’t get like that very often, but when I do…my poor husband. I caught him off guard last night and chewed him out for not chopping kale correctly. What the f*ck? I asked him to prep the kale for me so I could cook it when I got home and I was so annoyed he didn’t thinly slice it. He never cooks kale, he literally has no idea how kale is prepped. And I chewed him out for that. What a psycho. Thank the lawd he is so low key because I was a flame of crazy and he smothered the flame within minutes with his calm facade. I love that man.
I think getting hopped up on coffee is my only option for getting through this week right now. I feel like I’ve been playing catch up ever since I got back from my last 2 trips and I can’t get my footing. Every day has been packed while trying to still have relationships and friendships. And this weekend will be no different. I’m going to the Girls Gone Wod Podcast live show, recording them on my own podcast, getting summer outfit photos done in the midst of a snowstorm, and trying to bust out a ton of new delicious recipes for you guys…all while trying to not be a raging hormonal psycho. But I got this. I totally got this! Chocolate cake will solve all problems.
Ok. I just came down from my coffee buzz. You can find me in the backseat of my car, in the parking lot of this restaurant, sleeping it off.
Spring Vegetable Basil Pasta
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bundle asparagus, chopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 package Cappello’s Fettuccine Pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Place olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook for another 3 minutes then add the asparagus and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until softened.
- Place Cappello’s pasta in the pot for 90 seconds then drain.
- Add lemon juice and zest along with the butter and olive oil. As the butter begins to melt, add the pasta, cherry tomatoes, basil and dill and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss once more. Garnish with red pepper flakes before serving.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!