Strawberry Poppyseed Bread
I don’t really know what else to say other than WE ARE GETTING MARRIED TODAY!! I can’t tell you enough how awesome destination weddings are. We JUST met with our wedding coordinator yesterday and boom, it’s already time to tie the knot! Simple as pie, but then way simpler. I can’t believe the day is finally here! My fiancé got all cute and traditional last night and decided to get a different room to stay in so we won’t be seeing each other until this evening when I’m walking down the isle. Holy crap, I can’t wait.
And I can’t wait to share the experience with all of you guys! Especially you amazing souls that have stuck with me all through these years, before I even met Brian! Sorry for the short post today but it’s time for me to eat workout, eat breakfast, shower up and start getting ready for this day that I’m sure will be gone in seconds! Love you guys, whoever you are out there!
Strawberry Poppyseed Bread
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (peeled first – ~1 zucchini)
- 1 1/2 cups cashew meal (I ground up 1 1/2 cups raw cashews)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup melted ghee (I used browned butter ghee)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1–2 tablespoons poppyseeds (I think the more, the better)
For the strawberry sauce
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 bread pan and line with parchment paper to help with easily removal.
- Peel and finely shred zucchini. Place in between paper towels and place on a plate on top to help pull out the excess moisture. Set aside to drain while you prepare everything else.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cashew meal, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda and powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together ghee, honey, almond extract and eggs until combine. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture along with the zucchini and poppyseeds and mix with a spatula to combine until smooth. Fold in sliced strawberries.
- Pour batter into greased and lined loaf pan. Place in oven to bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean of the center of the bread. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- While the bread bakes, place a small saucepan over medium heat and add all ingredients for the sauce. Let cook down for 10-12 minutes, until strawberries are soft. Place in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour sauce through a fine mesh strainer.
- Once bread has cooled, pour sauce on top of bread or spread it on like you would butter!
You into this? I bet you’ll love this!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!