These aren’t really like mini pies, but they’re trying ok?! Give my mini pies a break.
They’re kind of like peanut butter and jam bars, minus the peanut butter…or real jam. But you get my flow.
‘Year One’ is the all time worst movie ever. Don’t fight me on this one.
I got to go wakeboarding again this weekend. I’m starting to seriously really love it. This time I stopped being quite as scared and learned how to ride toe side. It still makes me super nervous, but I played it safe so I didn’t peel any layers back from the skin on my face when I hit the water. I was like a giddy little school child. Every time I crossed the wake on my toe side, I would get an instant grin on my face and look to my crush in the boat to see if they saw. You crossed the wake JB, congratulations. Stop thinking you’re cool. Whatsoever.
I also went paddleboarding. Oh yes I did. I stood up on a board and…paddled. But I can’t tell you a ton about that because I’ll actually be writing a blog post for The New Primal all about my baby-deer-like experience on a paddle board. So you’ll just have to check over there to see when I post it! Have you heard about The New Primal yet?! They’re pretty awesome. I just became a writer for them and am working on some product development as well! If you’re an outdoor enthusiast or looking to become one, they have some daaaaamn delicious jerky packs that you can take with you on the go! And if you use the coupon code: paleomg, you get 15% your purchse! Boom!
Sooooo I don’t really know what rhubarb is. I do know that it looks like red celery. And it’s on sale right now. So I have to cook with it. A bargain shopper is a smart shopper, right Mother? Right. And rhubarb goes really well with other sweet things. I tried eating it raw and I feel very neutral about that. I probably won’t try it again. Baked with honey is way better. But what isn’t?
Liver. Liver is gross. Once again, don’t try to fight me on this one either.
For the topping
- 2 large stalks of rhubarb, ends removed, diced
- 8-10 strawberries, stems removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white, whisked
For the crust
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your diced rhubarb and strawberries in a 8x8 glass baking dish and cover with honey, vanilla, and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until your rhubarb is completely soft.
- While your fruit roasts, add your walnuts to a food processor and pulse until completely broken down.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, including the egg and mix to incorporate. You should get a ball of dough stick dough.
- Place silicone muffin liners OR regular paper muffin liners in a muffin tin and use a spoon to scoop out a large tablespoon, place in your muffin tin, then press down to create a bottom crust.
- Repeat until crust ingredients are gone. I got ~10 muffins filled with crust.
- Once your rhubarb is soft and cooked through, remove from oven and using a fork to break up the strawberry and rhubarb to create a jam. Pour your "jam" into a bowl to cool for about 2 minutes.
- Then add your whisked egg white and mix thoroughly with your "jam".
- Use a spoon once again to spoon your jam mixture over your crusts, evenly distributing throughout.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool, that sh*t gets hoooooot!
- Eat those cute little babies up!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Fruit / Treats