Sweat & Snack Series: Endurance Workout and Green Mango Smoothie (video!)
NEW COOKING AND WORKOUT VIDEO :
Do you come with your own workouts ever? Or do you look online to find workouts? OR do you simply skip workouts all together because you don’t know what to do at the gym or in your own home? Well my Sweat & Snack Series was created so you could skip thinking about your workout all together and be done working out in around 30 minutes. And this workout is exactly 30 minutes, so what is your excuse for not doing it? You can have a great, sweaty workout and be able to move on with your day in just 30 minutes.
So here’s how the workout looks –
- You’ll have a 30 minute clock running.
- Set a distance about 100m out (it doesn’t have to be perfect, but this can always be done on a track for more accuracy).
- You’ll sprint 100m. Once you finish the sprint, you’ll do 20 total jumping lunges.
- Then you will sprint back to where you started and do 20 push ups.
- Then 100m sprint once again and 20 jumping squats
- Then 100m sprint back to where you started then do 20 start jumps.
- You will repeat this, starting back over with the 100m sprint and jumping lunges and repeat that entire sequence until time is up.
For modifications and tips –
- For jumping lunges – you can always do stationary lunges instead of jumping. Be sure that the front knee is stacked on top of the ankle and not push forward when lunging. This will protect the knees throughout the workout.
- For push ups – Push ups can be done with feet on the ground or knees on the ground. The point of a push up is to use your arms, chest and back, not your entire body to simply flop on and off the ground. So tuck the chin, engage the core (tuck in the abs), and tuck the elbows in. I’d rather you do less push ups with perfect form than more push ups with sh*tty form. Practice makes perfect with push ups so stay consistent and be patient and form will come over time.
- For the jumping squats – Squats are something that most people don’t know how to properly perform. I briefly review how to in this video, but it’s something that many people have issues with and might not be aware of it. It could be due to strength, hip or ankle mobility or just due to lack of knowledge and experience. To perform a proper squat, put your feet slightly outside of your hips, press back in the heels and keep heels on the ground the entire time, drive the knees out as you sit your hips back into a squat, and if you’re able, squat below parallel (meaning hip joint goes below the knee joint), then squeeze the butt and press hips forward to stand.
- For the star jumps – These are pretty demanding on the body so you could always do jumping jacks instead. For the star jumps, keep your feet close together and chest tall. then squat down to touch your toes then immediately explode out of the bottom of your squat, pushing arms and legs outwards into a star position then bringing both arms and legs back in to land in a soft position to absorb the impact and immediately go back into the movement once again.
How does all that sound? Easy peasy lemon squeezy right?! Right! Try this workout out then let me know what you think!!
Green Mango Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
½ cup frozen mango
1/4 – ½ avocado
handful of spinach
1 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 scoop collagen peptides
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
More Sweat & Snack Posts!
Bodyweight Workout with Strawberry Banana Trail Mix Collagen Bars
Exercise Band Workout with Chocolate Walnut Brownie Energy Balls
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!
12 thoughts on “Sweat & Snack Series: Endurance Workout and Green Mango Smoothie (video!)”
I’m training for a half marathon next month. I’m making this smoothie tonight for my post run fuel!
hope you like it!
Amazing post! Going to do both the workout and the smoothie this week!
hope you love both!!
The smoothie sounds DELISH!! Can I ask where your white twist-front top is from that you’re wearing in the youtube vid? Love it! 🙂
So when you make a smoothie you just use the collagen powered as your protein? I have been using a protein powder as well as collagen.
i just use collagen
My two and a half year old son has been obsessively watching (and requesting) your Sweat and Snack Series videos at night before he goes to bed. It’s really cute! You’re a hit with all age groups!
well that’s absolutely adorable
What blender are you using to make to smoothie?
a magic bullet but i really prefer my ninja blender more! this is the one i just purchased because my magic bullet was pissing me off – https://rstyle.me/n/dakvnsbq557