Sweet Curried Cauliflower Soup
Yep, jinxed myself on my car. She’s laughing at me. I don’t get her humor. It’s expensive.
So I have a problem. If you haven’t noticed, I don’t exactly stay clean all the time. Between wods and coaching then cooking bacon so I can smell like heaven and attract the men, I don’t always get enough showers in. But that has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. I just wanted to make a statement. What I do want to talk about is my shaker bottle. I love my shaker bottle. It nourishes me. Tastes delicious. Hydrates me. And makes me imagine I’m having a milkshake sometimes. I love coconut water + protein powder days. I had that yesterday. And it rocked my world.
But here’s the issue. I don’t always take the sweet time to clean out my shaker bottle. If you are a CrossFitter or just a shaker bottle drinker..er, you know exactly what I’m about to talk about. The smell. HOLYSH*TWHATISTHATSMELL!? It’s incredibly inappropriate what my shaker bottle smells like…every.day. It’s a mixture of putrid meat and rotting vomit. Ew. That was disgusting. But seriously, it’s kind of wrong that I sometimes will still drink out of my bottle when it smells like that. Reason #36 why I don’t have a boyfriend.
So since we just talked about vomit, wanna eat something that looks like it?! Perfect. No, but really, this was pretty tasty. No, it does not meat in it. Yes, I’m aware of that. Yes, I added meat to it after. Shredded chicken to be exact. Vegetarian just ain’t my thing. I like dead animals. So I killed one, and put it in my soup. #Smart. Oh yes, I just twitter hashtagged that sh*t. That just happened bro. Feel free to add dead animals.Print
Paleo Sweet Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1–2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of black pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean off your cauliflower and roughly chop into florets. Pour just a little olive oil on top with a bit of salt. Roast for about 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, pull out a soup pot and add a little bit of olive oil to it over medium heat.
- First add your minced garlic, once the room is fragrant, add chopped onions and apples, once they’ve begin to sweat (I love that term), add your chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Then add your spices and honey.
- Simmer under low heat for around 5-8 minutes.
- Now add all to your immersion blender or food processor (like I did). I had to do mine in 2 separate batches so it didn’t overflow.
- Add a little dollop of honey on top. Add meat if you’re smart. Or don’t. It’s your food.
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!