SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Sweet Lemon Pepper Chicken
I like honey. I mean, I just like sugar in general. While I made this meal, I licked the spoon covered in honey about 16 times. Then ate a spoonful…or 8…of almond butter + honey. Sh*t that was good. That’s exactly why I can’t keep nut butter in the house. It calls to me. It sings my name from the pantry. It stares at me. So I give in. And then make it my b*tch. Go big or go home, right? Stupid nut obsession.
So I recently started Paleo zoning. Well, trying. Weekends don’t count right? Wrong. But whatever. It’s a bit annoying but its fine. I like a challenge. I just like eating A LOT and don’t get to eat as much with zone. I eat far more than I should so this is good portion control for me. So I’ve had to make simpler meals because I don’t like to do math. This meal was pretty simple. I seriously don’t know how Matt and Cherie Chan do it. Math sucks. Read that line again, I said math, not Matt. Did you see Matt in the Games? He obviously doesn’t suck.
And by the way, sorry I’ve been MIA! Lord I’m good with rhyming. Anyways, cooking since being back from LA just hasn’t been working. My tuna and deli meat consumption is at an all time high. I boiled shrimp today and topped it with hot sauce. Real fancy. But some big life changes are going down right now so it’s been hard to even step foot in the kitchen. I’ll work on it ok? Swear. Promise swear. With a kiss on it. No tongue, sicko.Print
Paleo Sweet Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1lb chicken tenders/breasts/thighs
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2–3 tablespoons fat, I used olive oil
- Thinly slice your onions and apples and throw them into a fat greased skillet under medium-high heat.
- Let the apples and onions cook down for a bit until they begin to become translucent. When they do, add 1/2 lemon (juice), 1 tbsp honey, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and 1/4 tsp white pepper, garlic and onion powder and mix thoroughly to help combine and let caramelize.
- While the onions and apples cook away, pull out another large skillet, add some fat and heat up under medium-high heat. While the skillet heats up, salt and pepper your chicken and add them directly to the pan.
- While the chicken begins to cook, add the rest of your ingredients including the spices, honey, and lemon on top of the chicken.
- When the sides begin to turn white, flip the chicken over and add any extra honey and/or lemon on top, to taste.
- Once the chicken has cooked through, layer some caramelized apples and onions on a plate, and top them off with some chicken. Garnish with a lemon. Why? Because it looks pretty, unlike my photography.
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!