Have you ever wanted to kick over someone’s motorcycle? I’ve never actually had that feeling until yesterday. Mostly because I know the guy who owns the motorcycle and he’s a Grade A Tool. Capital T. I didn’t kick his motorcycle over because I firmly believe in karma and I don’t want to crap on my own, but I did think about it. Just thought I’d put that thought into the world.
I’m a bad person.
OMG, guess what today is? The start to my cousin’s wedding. This wedding stuff is extremely overwhelming to me. I’m not very thoughtful. Weddings don’t excite me at all. And I lack the happiness and emotion that is usually paired along with a family member, like my cousin, marrying a man and spending the rest of their lives together. Now don’t get me wrong. I’m very happy for her. But I just don’t get very excited about married stuff. Maybe it’s because I’m young. Maybe it’s because I don’t ever want the big wedding shabang. I don’t know how to spell that word. Or maybe it’s because I’m a bad person. I don’t really know. Either way, we have two days of love ahead of us.
Today we start with a luncheon. Which, I don’t really know what that means other than lunch. Then we have mani/pedis, thank gosh, since I’m in dire need of one. Then we have the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. We’ll be eating New Orleans inspired food since that’s where her finance’s family is from. Ummmmmm YUM!
Then the wedding is tomorrow. We are wearing baby doll style dresses so hopefully when I start to dance, naughty parts don’t show. I’m also wearing wedges that are a disgusting height. They are not comfortable either. I don’t know what I was thinking. But I am hoping they loosen up a bit as the wedding day goes by. Or at least until the wedding is over and I can pull those damn things off at the dinner table. I really love wedges right now. They make my legs look SO much longer.
Now enough about weddings and love. Let’s talk about a different kind of love. Food love. I made this biscuits the other day and LOVED them. They are similar to my Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Biscuits, but more dense. And much sweeter. Because I made them extra sweet. Who does love a sweet biscuit with butter and jam on it? Do you ever go to a restaurant for brunch and just stare at the biscuits longing to stuff your face with them? But instead you just dip your finger in the jam for some kind of happiness to evoke in your brain? No? That’s just me? Whatever.
Either way, these biscuits are great. But you’ll have to check back for the jam recipe tomorrow. MUHAHAHAHAHA. Jokes on you.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the ends off of the plantains, then use your knife to cute them in half lengthwise and then peel the skin off, cutting off any excess skin that sticks to the plantains. The browner the plantains are, the sweeter they will be and the easier the skin is to take off.
- Now place a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to heat up, then add the halved plantains to the skillet. Cook on both sides for about 3-4 minutes until browned, making sure not to burn them.
- Once the plantains are done cooking, add them to thefood processorand puree until they begin to clump together.
- Then add the maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, and coconut milk and puree until smooth. No clumps should be present at this point.
- Now add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to the food processor and puree one more time to combine everything well.
- Now line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grab an ice cream scoop to help form perfect sized biscuits.
- Scoop the batter out and plop each biscuit on the baking sheet about 1 inch away from each other. My batter made 8 biscuits.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly brown and completely cooked through.
- Let cool. These babies are hot and need to settle afterwards.
- Eat with grass fed butter, or don't, I don't care. As well as my favorite jam. Which be on tomorrow's post. Haha. Kbye.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Breakfast / Fruit / Treats