SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Tomato Cream Chicken Sausage ‘Pasta’
I feel so pale!! Well, that’s probably because I am. Damn the winter in Colorado. Even if the sun is pretty much always shining, I still am kind of a creepy color. And seeing my pale self working out in a competition this weekend kind of grossed me out. I just want to have a nice bronze going on. Being tan makes you look more buff. I want to be more buff. Therefore better at CrossFit. Yep, being tan makes you stronger. I just know it.
Speaking of buff people, I competed in a little CrossFit competition this weekend at CrossFit Eminence. Lindsey and her husband Kris did a fantastic job with this competition. It ran smoothly, had some awesome wods programmed, and had super cool athletes competing. Great Saturday. But something did suck. Well, it was the usual suckiness of CrossFit events…No.Single.Dudes. What the hell is that about!? There was one guy I found pretty attractive, then I turned around at some point and he was getting a child strapped to his chest. WHATTHEF*CKISTHAT?! Why do all you attractive men have babies?! Ugh.
Anywho, since there was no chance of me hanging out with a single dude, (especially since I smelt like a dump truck after the competition) I just grabbed a guacamole burger with sweet potato tator tots from Jake’s and ate until I literally couldn’t put anymore food or even water in my gut. I usually can’t eat during competitions because I’m so nervous so dinner was balls to the walls. So I had to fast on Sunday to cleanse the gut. I lasted until I had to start making some Super Bowl food to get you guys all ready to go for the big game. We all know I’m sure as hell not watching it. The only reason I knew the Super Bowl was almost here was because of Laura. You can thank her for the fun treats on the way this week. SUPERBOWLFOODYEAH!
I drank 3 coconut waters in 2 days this weekend. I got some sugar bloat going on. SUGARBLOATBABYYEAH!
Wanna know how lucky I am. Just look below.Print
Tomato Cream Chicken Sausage “Pasta”
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 2 chicken sausages, diced
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 bundle of spinach, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrap out the excess seeds and threads.
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes or until spaghetti squash “gives” when you poke at it.
- Once your spaghetti squash is done cooking, take out of the oven to cool.
- Heat up a large skillet under medium heat, add the coconut milk and tomato sauce and mix together. Let simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add your diced chicken sausages and spices.
- Let the chicken sausages simmer for a couple minutes, then add your spinach to the sauce and simmer for another 3-4 minutes or until chicken sausage is cooked through.
- Then use a fork to thread your spaghetti squash and add directly to your chicken sausage sauce mixture.
- Mix together then plate!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!