It’s that time again!!! Outdoor grilling, park days, suntans, barely there clothing, and backyard bbq’s have begun to fill the days here in Colorado. And all of those fun things are paired into the 4th of July here. So, what I have done for you, is made you multiple recipes for the 4th of July so you can stay satisfied at your happy day bbq. Oh, and I’ll have some recommendations on Thursday of a ton of different recipes to try. So exciting.
Soooooo, I don’t know about this whole instagram video thing. I mean, it’s a bad idea. I’ve already witnessed drunken instagramming, but now that video is involved…it’s a whole different ball game. And I was part of that ball game on Saturday night. Ugh. My first instagram video experience was paired with Sergio while he tried to imitate my facial expressions. And this was after a night of sushi and multiple sake bombs. Did I say multiple? Raw fish and a bottle of sake the size of a small 2 year old just probably shouldn’t ever be mixed. Well, they should, but not when instagram is involved. That was embarrassing. Not really, but slightly frightening when you wake up the next morning and see a video posted. #damnyouinstagramvideo
I really like sake, but man does it make me slightly different. I actually ended up yelling at a guy because I thought he was making fun of me for using instagram video. Right after I posted that video, I turned around and called this guy a d*ck. Thank gosh that part wasn’t on the video. Worst part of it all, he’s one of my buddy’s friends. Which means I will probably see him again someday. Ughhhhhhh. I’m the worst. I’m officially that embarrassing friend. #damnyousakeandrawfish
But thankfully, I stayed sober on Sunday and did a photo shoot for my friend Tommy who has the clothing line Buckley Omega. Sober Sunday funday! It was actually slightly fun. We sat at his pool, dipped our toes in the frigid water, acted like we were laughing a lot, and stood awkwardly. I’m not really good at that modeling thing. It makes me really sweaty.
OMG. Real quick. Have you heard about making mayo with an immersion blender?!? If you don’t have an immersion blender, go out and buy one RIGHT NOW!! Seriously. It’s worth every penny just to be able to make mayo in less than a minute. LESS THAN A MINUTE!!
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 1/4 white onion, finely chopped
For the mayo
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat diced sweet potatoes in coconut oil, place on baking sheet and bake for 15-25 minutes until soft. Let cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan filled with water, let boil for 12-15 minutes. Let cool, then peel and dice.
- Place all mayo ingredients in a tall container, put immersion blender to the bottom of the container and turn on. Keep immersion blender on until the oil turns to a white color and into mayo. Should take just a little over 30 seconds, if that!
- Mix cooled sweet potatoes, eggs, onion and may in a bowl. Sprinkle with a little more salt!