I’ve somehow become obsessed with HGTV. Probably because I want to own my own place someday and it’s absolutely frightening. So I watch that channel constantly in hopes of learning more. But why does Denver have to be so expensive? It’s so wonderful here, I refuse to leave. I REFUSE! But man do the buyers say a lot of the same thing, like…”I hope they have another closet for you, hunny. hehehe” or “I just wish the space was more open.” Hearing the same thing every day must get annoying. I guess I get that at the gym. But I really like those people.
Anywho. So I’ve decided something recently. My attitude has sucked. About myself. I don’t like not liking myself. It’s just not very fun. For me or other people. Especially you guys. Who wants to read negative stuff? Not me!! So I’ve made the bold decision to stop being such a downer. So bold. And to love myself a bit more, every day. I’ve just decided that I’m not really going to enjoy life to the fullest if I’m always worrying about how I look. I don’t want to compare myself anymore, I don’t want to pout anymore, I just want to be the happy person that I am.
And the biggest thing I worry about most of the time is my cellulite. If you are a person with cellulite, you understand. It just blows. I’m much better with talking about it versus dealing with it. It’s one of those haunting things. Especially since I work at a gym. I always have felt like I wasn’t a great role model or looked like I worked out hard because of my cellulite. But you know what, my genetics did not swing that way so I will still always deal with that. Even if a bunch of my gym friends don’t deal with that problem (b*tches), I will. And that’s something I need to be ok with. Like while I’m camping and swimming at the lake this week. No non-fun Juli for this trip.
And you may ask, why the hell is Juli talking about cellulite? Well, I read an awesome article yesterday about cellulite. I love when other girls talk about that kind of stuff. It’s just nice to know that I’m not the only person out there who feels that way. I am in my group of friends, but not in the world. Luckily.
LET’S TALK ABOUT BURGERS.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 strips of bacon
- 4 hot dogs (nitrate and filler free- I used Coleman Natural hot dogs)
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5-6 tablespoons leftover homemade mayo
- head of romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet and cook bacon for about 15 minutes until just slightly crispy.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little salt and pepper. Then form in 4 patties.
- Cut hot dog down the middle to butterfly the hot dog.
- Place beef patties on the grill and cook on both sides until you get however you like your meat cooked. I cooked mine for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- When flip the beef patties, place butterflied hot dogs on the grill and flip after about 2 minutes.
- When all meat is done cooking, place a beef patty in a lettuce leaf, top it with mayo, then a hot dog, then bacon, then any other fixings you like. I used onion and avocado on my burger. Then top it with one more piece of lettuce.
- Enjoy summer!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!