Who doesn’t love casserole? Everyone loves a casserole. That’s just a fact. So I made one the other day. Then, you know what I did with the leftovers? This is what I did. I added the leftovers to a pan along with some eggs and BOOM. Breakfast. Gosh, paleo is just so easy sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes.
I honestly wish I could tell you that this weekend was the best weekend I’ve ever had. But it wasn’t that crazy. It was filled with a good amount of food, cooking, a lot of trying to sleep, and movies. Whenever I am feeling even the slightest bit of anxiety about something, I can’t sleep. I create these lists in my head of everything I need to get done. Or everything that could be. Or everything I can’t control. I remember in college, writing down my daily schedule, hour by hour, to make sure I didn’t forget anything. It’s definitely an obsessive quality of mine. One of which I’m sure someone will give me sh*t for. Which is understandable. We all have obsessive qualities, but we always think other people’s obsessions are way more weird.
I did go shopping. That also makes anxiety calm down.
Then found out that my favorite restaurant has amazing gluten free bread. That made my life really exciting. No it wasn’t paleo. Yes it was amazing. And it didn’t give me anxiety.
Then I made a banana bread that came out like bubble gum. Seriously. It tasted freaking delicious, but it was like chewing banana bubble gum. That’s just gross dude. That made me anxious again.
So then I worked out. That made me sore, but less anxious.
At this point, I’m back to the anxious stage. I’ll explain more tomorrow.
I am not a very good ball of joy right now. What in the hell. Get it together, Juli.
- 1 pound chorizo (I was lucky enough to have game meat chorizo, but any sort of ground meat would work)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 12 ounces diced green chiles (I used canned green chiles)
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 eggs, whisked
- lots of salt and pepper
- diced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and yellow onion to the pan and brown meat.
- Once meat is fully cooked through, add diced green chiles to the pan and mix well.
- After everything is mixed, remove from heat and add to a large bowl.
- Using a food processor with the shredding attachment, add cauliflower florets and puree until you get cauliflower rice. Place cauliflower rice in bowl.
- Add garlic powder, whisked eggs to bowl along with lots of salt and pepper (more salt than pepper) and mix everything together. Remember that the cauliflower will want the flavor.
- Add mixture to a greased 9x13 glass baking dish and place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before eatin' up. Top with diced green onions, if you'd like!
More 5 Ingredient Recipes:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!