I’m still obsessed with mayo. Since I figured out how to make it in seriously 30 seconds, I haven’t been able to stop. And all I think about is new ways to mix it up. Hence Asian mayo. I want to create every sort of mayo possible to make every sort of chicken salad possible. I LOVE chicken salad. And it’s going to save me a balls ton of money since I won’t be buying Whole Foods chicken salad. That sh*t is $11.99/lb. Crazy sh*t right there.
I absolutely ABSOLUTELY, never ever ever want to see the movie ‘The Conjuring’. No. No way. I truly hate scary movies. Especially true story ones. Now that’s just effed up.
Speaking of scary, sneezing while driving is especially frightening. My allergies are a bit out of control right now and I sneeze every time I drive. I’m pretty sure it’s more dangerous than drinking while driving or texting while driving. But it’s legal. Well, that’s all I have to say about that.
I’ve officially had to block 2 people on Instagram. I didn’t think that would ever have to happen. But some guy was real mean and the other guy was real crazy. Both had nothing to do with food or paleo or my blog, just hatred towards me. It’s odd. Girls are usually the mean ones, not bros. Oh how things change as you age. Girls just become way cooler.
It’s strange. I only follow people I want to follow on Instagram. Then envy their lives. Do you ever do that? I totally do. That’s why I follow mostly non-paleo people. I envy their delicious meals and drool over their Instagrams. Non paleo food tends to be more exciting to look at. Just another fact.
Guess what? I leave for South Dakota this week. Never been. I’m going to pose next to those huge heads carved into the mountains. Who doesn’t love giant head pictures? I got a big one, got to show it off next those great heads. Just you wait.
For the salad
- 1-1.5 pounds chicken, cooked, cooled and chopped
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- chopped green onions, to garnish
- 3-4 tablespoons sliced almonds, to garnish
For the asian mayo
- In a tall container, add egg, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and a bit of salt and pepper. Place your immersion blender to the bottom of the container, turn on and wait until the mixture thickens. You may need to raise the immersion blender a bit to help mix all of the oil.
- Then use a spoon to mix in sesame oil, sriracha, honey, and coconut aminos.
- Place in refrigerator to cool.
- While the mayo cools, mix together the chicken, cabbage, onion, carrot, and celery in a large bowl.
- Then place sliced almonds in a small skillet over medium heat to toast. The will just need to toast for about 5-7 minutes until slightly browned. And toasty. Mmmm.
- Add all of the mayo to the chicken salad ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and green onions.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!