Egg salad reminds me of my childhood. I pretty much hated all foods that weren’t cookies or brownies when I was younger, but if you smeared mayo on anything, I’d eat it. So I loved chicken salad, egg salad, and surprisingly even tuna salad. I remember when I was back in high school and HATED IT so much that I would leave at lunch to eat with my dad almost every day since his work was down the street. Maybe I was a bit dramatic. Ok, I still am. But my dad would pack egg salad sandwiches every day. Life was awesome. Especially with giant pieces of bread. That was the only positive that came out of my high school experience: egg salad sandwiches. Fact.
Remember when I made bacon jalapeño deviled eggs? Well these sandwiches were inspired by those little guys.
Did you know that yesterday was National Pancake Day? And Fat Tuesday. That’s ironic.
In honor of National Pancake Day, since I had eaten pancakes on Monday, I ate ice cream topped with caramel. From the caramel sauce I had made for my Caramel Apple Pancakes. Makes perfect sense to me. I want to swim in that caramel sauce. And bathe. And almost drown but then eat my way to the surface and survive. Yep. That’s what I want to do.
So I’ve had some kind of stomach bug recently. Not the kind that makes you stay in your house because you have to run to the loo every other minute, but the kind that makes you stay in your house because moving out of the fetal position is incredibly painful. It makes it challenging to do things. Like cook. Or eat. I had to make some food with cauliflower the other day and I about threw up just from the smell. So my sickness has made my senses even more intense. And please do not joke around that I’m pregnant. I’m not. And that’s not funny. People always think that answer is so clever. False. I think my sickness has also given me a bad attitude. My bad.
My mom nicknamed me loo. She still calls me that to this day. Is she implying something?
- Make biscuits. You will need two for this recipe.
- While biscuits are cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling, place eggs in the water and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from water and place in a bowl of cold water to help cool. Once cool, remove the shell.
- While eggs cool, cook bacon in oven or on stove top. Let cool then chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, place chopped bacon, peeled eggs, mayo, jalapeño, chives, dill, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Add more mayo, if needed.
- Cut warm biscuits open and stuff full with egg salad. I even topped my sandwiches with hot sauce, because hot sauce is wonderful with eggs.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!