All I’ve been craving in sweet potatoes, nutella, chocolate, and ummmmm more sweet potatoes, in fry form. That’s all I’ve wanted. Thankfully I’ve been eating other stuff, but I don’t know what the hell is going on. No, I’m not pregnant. And no, it’s not that time of the month. You should know that by now if you’ve read my blog regularly. Gross. I’m gross.
I kind of want ice cream.
Ok, enough about food. This blog is a food blog, I shouldn’t be talking about it. Just kidding. Let’s talk about these banana breads. I wanted banana bread the other day and ended up making it without nuts or seeds, which I haven’t done before. I’m not really sure if a coconut is a seed or a fruit, but I don’t really care because my body gets along with coconuts. I’m sure someone will tell me on my blog. That’s usually how I learn stuff.
I got my nails AND toes done yesterday. My feet feel lighter. I’m pretty sure it’s been 7 years since I got a pedicure. SEVEN YEARS. Do you know how many calluses build up in 7 years? While doing CrossFit. And wearing shoes that don’t take very good care of my feet. Either way, my toes look pretty good at this point. I have ugly toes so I need as much help as I can get. I’m so excited to get sandals.
Never once did I think I would say that. My life is so different compared to last year, it’s ridiculous. Last year, I was wearing CrossFit clothes constantly, working out multiple times a day, never taking off my tennis shoes (mostly because they smell terrible), Rx’ing every workout, and rarely taking off my headband. I now get my toes and nails done, suck at workouts, style my hair about 60% of the time, drink bloody marys more often than not, and shop online more than I ever thought I would. ModCloth is doing well off of me. I’m even going shopping for jeans twice in one week after crying in the dressing room last time. But I’m definitely getting jeans this time around. I’m not letting any jeans get me down, like I would have last year. Anyone know a good seamstress in Denver? I think I’m gonna need it.
I just ate sweet potatoes and there is grease on my keyboard. I’m a terrible blogger.
- 6 bananas (brown ones are sweeter)
- 4 dried dates, pitted
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut cream concentrate or homemade coconut butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons of coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Sliced banana
- Dark chocolate chips
- Dried strawberries (diced) and dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add dried dates to the food processor and puree until you get a lumpy paste.
- Then place bananas in the food processor and pulse until completely pureed.
- Next add eggs and coconut butter and puree.
- Then add coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour batter into three small baking bread dishes.
- Add sliced banana on top of one, then pour in as many chocolate chips as you would like into another and mix with a knife to incorporate, then add dried strawberries and blueberries to the last one and use a knife to mix well.
- Place all three on a baking sheet and into the oven for 40-45 minutes until you poke each one with a toothpick and they come out clean.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes then slice.
- Love life.