So the other day, I went to Whole Foods and grabbed some blueberry breakfast sausage. They were all out of regular breakfast sausage, so we had to settle for the blueberry kind. I wasn’t complaining at all. Have you ever had that kind? It’s fantastic. Anywho, it helped me think up this recipe on the spot. You see, I’ve been creating all these new recipes for my cookbook and it’s sometimes hard to think up new recipes for the blog at the same time. I’m just not that talented. So I’m sorry if you’ve felt as though the blog recipes aren’t as high quality as they could be. Don’t worry. Once the cookbook is all settled, you’ll be able to get those even tastier recipes from my book!
I’m sad. My tan is officially gone. After my trip to Powell, I was pretty damn close to the brown shade in the crayon box. Not really, but kind of. And after weeks of peeling, I’ve become very pale. Probably not paleo to the normal eye, but to my perfected vision, I’m disgustingly pale. I just my blog name literally fits now. Ha. And you know what that means? That means I am forced to wear spandex capris and pants again to cover up my large pale legs. And you know what I forgot about spandex pants and capris? They are hot. Like real, real hot. As soon as I put them on, my ass crack is sweating. No joke. Then I feel like I’m having heat flashes. I’m not ready for menopause yet. I’m just not. Damnit paleness, damnit.
So I figured something out. I really like flying United. I haven’t flown enough in my life to know what the good and bad airlines are, but I know that I LOVE United. They are awesome. You know why? Ok, I’ll tell you. So first of all, they are way more spacious. When the girl next to me got obviously super anxious for our 2 hour flight, her legs began to shake. Like bounce, the move side to side, then she would wiggle while she read the notebook I was writing on. Super polite stuff. So I was quite pleased that I could block this stuff out since she didn’t even come close to hitting my legs with hers. Then the drinks came around. Instead of getting a dinky sized cup of club soda like you would normally drink whiskey on the rocks with, I got a whole can of club soda. A WHOLE CAN. Ah man I was pumped. But the best part of it all…just wait…they played TV shows. And you know what show they put on…THE NEW GIRL. Holy balls, I love that show. And I almost forgot how much I love it. Thank gosh United reminded me because the season premiere is September 25th. I made that up, but I’m pretty sure it’s a pretty damn good guess. OMG I’m excited. Dear United, thanks for being the best airline ever.
Wanna see pictures from the weekend?! OK!! Thank you Heidi McCrary for the amazing photography!!
- 2 sweet potatoes or yam, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1lb Bison Breakfast Sausage
- 1 egg, whisked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and place in oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft when you poke them.
- While your sweet potatoes bake, place your breakfast sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and cook down, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat.
- When your meat begins to brown, add your blueberries and sprinkle in a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cook down until cooked through. Discard excess liquid from meat and blueberries. And place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add your whisked egg and mix to combine.
- When your sweet potatoes are done cooking, cool for a couple minutes, then use a spoon to remove some of the excess sweet potato that you don’t need (eat that as a snack for later), leaving behind a ¼ inch of so of sweet potato so the skin doesn’t break apart.
- Add your blueberry and breakfast sausage mixture into your sweet potato skins and place back in the oven to cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool. Top with an egg if you’d like. Why wouldn’t you, really!?