Let’s talk about some facts. 10 to be exact.
- I haven’t recovered from my trip yet. My feet still feel weird. Even after a foot massage. Guess I need more of those.
- I hate my voice. I just listened to myself on Paleo Parents: The Paleo View Podcast and I sound like a troll.
- World Market moved and is no longer a 2 minute drive from my house. It’s now 6 minutes. I’m furious.
- The website for preordering my book is acting up. And being a straight up b*tch. It may actually be pay pal, not the website. But let’s not name names. If you’ve ordered since December and gotten the confirmation, we’ve gotten your order and expect to begin mailing them at some point in March (one month early!). If you’ve tried to order recently and got an error message, please bear with us, and we’ll tell you again in a few weeks when pre-orders can be placed again. We will keep pre-ordering open up until the book is available on Amazon and elsewhere in late April this year. Thanks for your patience! I’m not exactly patient, so your patience calms me down.
- Not gonna lie, it took me about a month to figure out how to eject a disc out of my Mac. Seriously. And I figured it out on accident. I’m an idiot.
- I love girls nights. Watching The Bachelor with 4 other women, while we all gossip and eat, is awesome. Just a fact of life.
- 5280 Restaurant Week is coming up here in Colorado. You know what that means?! Wasting lots of money I don’t have at restaurants I could have never afforded before 5280 was invented. If you don’t know what that means, it means there is a huge list of restaurants you can choose from and get a 3 course meal for only $26.40. It’s pretty rad. But that kind of adds up. Pretty sure I haven’t reservations at 4 of these restaurants. #damnmylackofrestaurantselfcontrol
- Beyonce’s performance at the Super Bowl was by far my favorite thing of the entire month of February. I had no clue she was performing until the Super Bowl started, and then I was glued to the screen. They should have Beyonce perform every year, that way I would actually watch the game. Seriously though, I LOVE Beyonce. Like, I would LOVE to be her. I wish I were kidding. I really do.
- I have a stomach ache. I think my wine consumption is catching up to me.
- On a regular basis, I get annoyed with people’s ab pictures on instagram. We get it. You have an incredibly lean stomach. That’s great. But when I’m scrolling through my instagram follower’s pictures and am greeted by a bathroom pic after 13 beautiful food pictures, I’m instantly annoyed. If I wanted to see your abs, I would be sleeping with you. Just a fact, people. Please keep half naked pictures to yourself. Or sext it to a person you’re into. Duh.
That’s all I got for you. Mostly because I’m just day dreaming about what I have brewing in my crockpot for you guys tomorrow…just you wait!!
OMG I ALMOST FORGOT TO TELL YOU. I was incredibly excited to find out that I was voted ‘Best Treat Recipe-Online’ for my Sweet Potato Brownies, and ‘Top Rated Food-Centered Blog’ by Paleo Magazine. Thanks to all your amazing votes, I made it in the magazine!! Pretty cool. Hopefully my cookbooks can make it in the magazine next year! Fingers crossed!
- 1 large sweet potato or yam, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 chai tea bags (no sugar added)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup flax seed meal
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar (or other sweetener - add more if you want sweeter muffins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut sugar (to garnish muffins)
- Preheat oven to 405 degrees. Cut sweet potato in half, place on baking sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until super soft. Remove skin.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Place soft sweet potato and banana in the food processor and puree. Then add chai tea herbs from two bags (discarding the chai bags), pecans, flaxseed meal, baking soda and powder, and cinnamon. Puree until completely broken down and smooth.
- Then add the wet ingredients: coconut oil, eggs, coconut nectar, and vanilla extract.
- Puree until smooth.
- Line muffin tin with paper or silicone liners and use an ice cream scoop to scoop out and pour ingredients into each cup. The ice cream scoop keeps the muffins equal in size.
- Sprinkle each muffins with a bit of coconut sugar.
- Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes or until you poke them with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool before consuming, it helps the muffins meld together a bit more.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Breakfast / Treats