I want to toot my horn. But I can’t. Toot it and boot it. Is that how the song goes? I don’t even know what that song means. I think it implies dirty things. Kinda weird if you ask me. Anyways, I WANT to toot my horn, but I didn’t come up with this crepe recipe. My lovely little best friend Laura found this recipe over the wonderful world wide web and brought it to my attention that we needed to make these asap. Thank you very much Sweet Paleo! Damn you’re recipes are good. So that’s what we did. We made them, filled them with chocolate and strawberries and ate them all. My crush even liked them. He’s trying out the paleo train. What a stud.
But I wasn’t really in the mood for chocolate the other day while I sat at home and stared at the computer screen, bored to tears. Mostly because I had just eaten a large amount of Dark Chocolate Sun Drops from Whole Foods. They’re like the copycat of M&Ms but way better. Not for you, but for you tastebuds. So I pulled out my huge bag of cherries and made a jam. Kind of a jam. More of a chutney, chunky, cherry spread thing. Make sense? Didn’t think so. Either way, it tastes like joy.
Have you started following me on Pinterest yet? No? That’s dumb. It’s pretty much my happy place. Whenever I am sad, which is 2% of the time, I get on Pinterest and pin the sh*t out of recipes. If you do follow me on Pinterest, you know that I pin naughty food regularly. Demon food, if you will. Like today, I pinned cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo. HOLY.BALLS. If that doesn’t sound good to you, you’re a liar. Straight up. But please, stop leaving comments like “that’s not paleo…” because, I know that. But a girl can dream can’t she?
When I was slightly drunk the other morning, I downloaded a food porn app. I love food. And porn. Kidding! Geez.
For the crepes
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
For the cherry jam
For the whipped cream
- *For your whipped cream, place a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator over night and scoop out the coconut cream that has hardened in the top of your can of coconut milk, and leave the coconut water behind for something else. Like drinking, duh.Then place coconut cream in a bowl, add cinnamon and vanilla, and whip! Ta duh! Set in fridge to keep cool while you cook.
- Put a small saucepan over medium heat and add your coconut oil and seedless cherries to the pan. Mix around to coat the cherries.
- Let cherries begin to cook down, stirring randomly to make sure cherries don't burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- While cherries are cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add your crepe ingredients to a large bowl and whisk well to make sure coconut flour has completely broken down.
- Once skillet is hot, add a bit of coconut oil to coat the pan (I used coconut oil spray) then pour a small amount on the skillet. Cook on both sides for about 1 minute.
- Continue until batter is completely used up. The smaller the crepes are, the easier the are to flip.
- Once your cherries are soft, add your honey and mix to combine.
- When your crepes are cooked, begin the stacking process.
- Crepe - whipped cream - crepe - whipped cream. And so on.
- Top with your cherry jam.
- Eat it up! Holy moly, so good!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!