Ok, sooooo my eye won’t stop twitching. It’s been 4 days now. They say it’s a sign of stress, dehydration, lack of sleep, allergies and some other crap. Sure, I’m stressed, but isn’t that what being a new homeowner while being a small business owner is all about? There’s no way to not be somewhat stressed out. But does this mean my eyes will twitch forever? Or do you think a bug just crawled back there and is eating my eye? Maybe I’ve just been watching too much Game of Thrones. But if I go blind, I’ll be hella pissed I didn’t go with my Game of Thrones gut on this one.
Yesterday, I picked weeds for an hour. Then I stepped in wet dog poop since it has been raining for 3 days straight. Not sure why I’m telling you this, just giving myself a little pity party. Or should I say poopy party. HA! I’m hilarious. I’m better now.
Does anyone else find that buying a rug is pretty much the hardest thing ever to search for? I seriously cannot find a good looking one for under $200. I just cannot buy something for more than that. It’s something you walk on every day. And Jackson runs straight in from the backyard, onto the carpet. The same backyard he runs around in. And steps in wet dog poop, too. You want his wet dog poop paws walking on top of a $600 rug? Ah hells nah.
You guys, get this. I was in a car accident on March 31st. It wasn’t a very big deal in the moment other than I could tell my car was pretty messed up and the girl was acting funny. When the woman who caused the accident left, a witness pulled up and said that she was totally drunk. So this dumb b got away with being drunk because I was a crying mess about the accident and didn’t call the police since it was just a fender bender. Well, it’s been over a month and my car still isn’t fixed. One of the motor mounts was cracked in half, my bumper was completely ruined. It’s just craziness. I totally know where the drunk woman works and I still wish I could just meander in and say, “YOU SUCK, YOU DRUNK MESS.” But I have to remember that Karma works in mysterious ways, right? Right.
Ok, let’s get to the food. Because after you make chicken like this, you’ll never want to have chicken any other way. When I was out in Pittsburgh working on my third cookbook, I stayed with Bill and Hayley from Primal Palate because they did the photography for my newest book. Well, by the end of the night after cooking all day, I would be completely sick of my own food so Bill and Hayley would make dinner. And they would either make crispy chicken wings OR crispy chicken thighs. The thighs were my favorite because even though they were crispy on the outside, they were super moist on the inside. Now stop being mad I said moist. Anywho, this is my recipe inspired by them, the amazing authors of Make it Paleo 2! You gotta get their newest cookbook, it’s crazy amazing! Now let’s eat!
- 2 pounds skin-on chicken thighs, deboned (about 6 chicken thighs)
- fine sea salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- paprika, to taste
For the mustard sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is very hot, place deboned chicken thighs skin side down on the skillet. Feel free to crowd the pan because they will shrink up a good amount. Sprinkle each chicken thigh with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Once the skin has browned and become crispy, about 7-8 minutes, flip and cook for 5 more minutes. Then place in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes, until no pink remains.
- While chicken is in the oven, place a medium sauté pan over medium heat and add ghee and pineapple chunks and cook until pineapple has caramelized on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Place pineapple, mustards, and honey to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Top each chicken thigh with pineapple honey mustard. Boom. Done.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!