There are some things that don’t make sense to me. Many things, actually. First thing is first, I don’t understand why men wear chains. Don’t wear a chain necklace. It’s just weird. Chokers are even weirder. I remember in 10th grade how I used to only wear chokers. I would wear a different colored choker every single day to match my outfit. How disgusting is that? I also use to have blonde hair. Even weirder. Back to the point. Another thing that doesn’t make sense to me is why someone doesn’t have their own picture on their Facebook profile. Even though my blog seems to be completely self absorbed, I actually hate myself in pictures. But, being the non creepy person that I am, I still post pictures of myself on my profile. Not of sports plays, not of super heroes, not ecards. Word to the wise people, you are not Batman. Nor do you look like him. Please stop lying to the public eye.
Let’s flip to the positive side of things.
On a positive note, I spent part of my afternoon watching ‘Bad Girls Club’ the other day. It made me realize that I’m not a crazy. Have you ever watched that god forsaken show? Oh my lord. Ok ok ok, if there are a plethora of these kinds of girls out and about, how am I still alone? You men only like the crazies. Pure fact.
That wasn’t even a positive thing.
This is actually the positive thing. And I mean REALLY positive. I was asked by Paleo Productions and CrossFit Anaerobic to make a guest appearance at their Fueling the Fire 1st Annual Fundraiser in Laguna Niguel, CA on September 8th. This fundraiser will be to raise money to put towards paleo care packages for our troops. Be sure to check out their information and register early!! The day will be filled with workouts and paleo chats. Hope to see some of you there!
- 2 swordfish filets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 peaches, seed removed, diced
- 1 avocado, halved and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeno, finely chopped
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt, to taste
- Place your marinade ingredients in a shallow, mix together. Then put your swordfish in the marinade and flip on both sides to coat. Leave in fridge for a while to marinate. (I left mine for about 3 hours in the fridge, but you could settle for 1 hour).
- Now make your salsa. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Place in fridge to chill.
- Once your swordfish has marinated, light your grill to medium heat.
- When your grill is nice on hot, place your swordfish on the grill to cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Top your swordfish off with the salsa and love life. OMG good.