I swear the weird looking onions in the picture aren’t worms. It’s too cold here in CO to play with worms.
So I live by a park. A really awesome park. With a lot of good looking people that run around it. Especially with their dogs. Everyone has a dog, or multiple, in my neighborhood. I think 96% of our neighborhood has a dog. And many of these dogs are small dogs. There are a ton of big ones, but small ones seem to rule this area. Maybe because there are a lot of rich wives in this neighborhood. Wow, stereotype. Way to be an asshole Juli. Whatever. Anywho, many of these tiny little dogs are forced to go running with their athletic owners. But here’s the thing people, the park is 2.5 miles around, and if you think your dog that weighs 4.3lbs is enjoying taking 18 steps per your 2 steps, well, you’re wrong. 4.3lb dogs are meant for cuddling. And holding with one hand. Not running marathons and deeply hating their owners.
Just fyi, I love small dogs. Dogs that aren’t size worthy of smelling my crotch make me feel much more comfortable. What a awkward sentence.
Why is the bachelor so addicting? It’s ridiculous. Utterly and completely ridiculous. Laura and I almost went to the casting call for the bachelor because it was in Denver and obviously, we must be desperate. BUT, we decided against it. Who knows why. Probably because we were in PaleOMG gear and spandex, covered in sweat, and slightly drunk at a bar. Actually, thinking about it, maybe we would have gotten on the show. Drunk girls are rockin’ it out this season. But for real, I would not have been able to hang on that show. I can barely talk to an attractive male, let alone with 20 other girls trying to rip my eyelids off. Yes, eyelids. That show is so weird. I love it.
Enough about weird reality dating shows. Let’s talk about more important things, like food. So I’ve mentioned it a couple times about my favorite food to take on the go, but if you haven’t heard, it’s Steve’s Original Paleo Kits. I’m obsessed. Especially because I can take the jerky packs with me while traveling or just while coaching. Having a jerky pack in between classes makes me much less mean as a coach. Haha, just kidding, I’m always mean. Anywho, Steve is running an awesome promo that if you use the code: paleoomgjan then you get free shipping!! Rad. Paying shipping is overrated.
So go check out Steve’s Original Paleo Kits and try these products, because they’re my favorite, and I’m an only child so I’m always right. Not really, but I have really good taste buds.
So go to the site, buy delicious food that you can take with you on the go, and use the promo code: paleoomgjan. Yay! Code is only valid through January 20th!
Now make this recipe. It’s seriously way delicious. For reals. Chicken has never been so flavorful.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sliced avocado (to garnish)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice (I used coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon water
- pinch of salt
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat along with the fat of choice and sliced onions for your caramelized onions.
- Let onions begin to cook down, moving them around at times to make sure they don't stick to the bottom. When onions begin to brown slightly, pour in a tablespoon of water to help steam and cook the onions perfect.
- While onions cook down, in a large bowl, add all the ingredients for your burgers and use your hands to mix well.
- Form five balls with your hands.
- Place a non-stick large skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, place a couple of your balls of meat onto the skillet then press down with a spatula to flatten out.
- Cook on both sides for 6-8 minutes. I flipped mine a couple times to make sure they didn't burn, just brown up nicely.
- Once burgers are done cooking, top with onions and avocado.
- Eat that deliciousness!