I talk about pork breakfast sausage on my blog on the reg. That means regular. That’s because it’s delicious. And I eat it almost every morning. I get it from Whole Foods, from US Wellness Meats, and then sometimes, when I’m feeling frisky I make it myself. That’s rarely. Because I’m lazy. Can’t help it, people. I just can’t. BUT, not all of you have a Whole Foods near you or want to order food online. Understandable. So I made this recipe for you non-lazy people.
Anywho, I’ve recently become completely obsessed with a new realty show. Yes, you can roll your eyes at me. I get it. You’re too good for trash T.V. and actually have a life that you don’t need to fill your time with a person’s fake life. No, I get it. But I’m not that cool. I like watching over people’s true/fake lives. Watching another person’s life unfold on a visual network is invigorating. Not really, but you know what I’m sayin’. That’s why we read blogs, right? Other people’s lives are always more fun than our own. Wait, that’s not true. I like my life most of the time, when I’m not bawling my eyes out because of a simple head cold. Back to the point, I’ve recently become competely obsessed with the new reality show ‘Total Divas’. Have you seen this sh*t? It’s awesome.
So I’ll give you the rundown. So you know the WWE stuff? Like those huge dudes that shoot roids and fake smash each other’s heads in? I don’t really get the thrill of it, but it seems that millions of other people do and love watching it. Weird. So anyways, some hot women do this as well, but in skanky clothes. (ps- my spell check doesn’t recognize skanky. that’s funny) IT’S AWESOME! I honestly don’t really know why because the show is just all about following them around and listening to their high school drama between each other, their men, and in the ring. But it’s somehow addicting. I wonder if my life would look dramatic if it was filmed every day. Pondering….
Ok, back to reality. I was thinking the other day, I’m not sure if I’m more annoyed with selfies on instagram or the fact that they are called selfies. And hashtagged as selfies. I don’t know if I’ve ever hashtagged a picture of myself as selfie, but I’m disappointed if I have. It’s a trend that needs to stop. STOP THE MADNESS.
Let’s end this on a super high note. So you know how I talk about my favorite paleo products on the reg? Ugh, reg has to stop too. Well, I have two products for you that I absolutely love AND they have created a discount code for you readers! Yay! Here they are:
- Rickaroons. With the discount code ‘paleomg13′ you’ll get 15% off your order of delicious macaroons/cookies that come in a variety of falvors including chocolate blonde, brunette (extra chocolate), megaroon (with chia seeds) and mocha. They are seriously fantastic. A must try for your sweet tooth. This discount goes until the end of August!
- Paleo Bakehouse. Have you tried these cookies and brownies yet?? Holy balls. I posted on my instagram recently about how much I love these cookies. Especially the freckled almond. But one of the best paleo cookies on the market. It’s chewy, slightly sweet, and the perfect size. They have flavors that include almond, freckled almond, chocolate chip, and their power brownie cookie. All are wonderful, I can say this from lots of eating experience with their cookies. Well, if you use the discount code ‘Paleomg’ through the month of August, you will receive 10% off their entire store! So get to eating!
That’s all you get. Now let’s get to eating some pork!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of ground cloves
- salt and pepper, to taste (I added a decent amount of salt)
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Create 5-7 patties with the pork.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Cook on both sides for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with whatever else you like for breakfast!