Well hello, darling beautiful face. It’s a sad day today, mostly because we don’t have The Bachelor franchise to gossip about. What the hell else are we going to talk about?! Well, maybe it’s the first time I actually talk about a recipe. Who woulda thunk?
Not me. Talking about recipes is boring. EATING recipes is the absolute best. And I’ve been doing lots and lots of eating this past week. I’ve been in La Jolla and San Diego and trying every last bite of food possible. It’s quite lovely. But I’m super excited to get back home tonight to routine, more vegetables, and my puppy dog! The hotel I’m staying at right now is actually dog friendly and makes me want to bring Jackson every where with me. But I don’t know flying rules and I think he would freak TF out if I tried to put him in his crate and shove him under the seat. Jackson is too much of a spoiled only child for that.
Ok wait, back to the recipe. You guys requested instant pot recipes so I’ve been trying to come up with more and more which aren’t all soups and stews. I love soups and I love stews but it’s been 70 degree weather in Colorado lately and that kind of meal isn’t really appealing to me at the moment. So I thought why not try shredding up some meat and seeing what happens. Luckily, it worked out quite well and I wanted to make out with this pork. And I did. Gross. But no seriously, I couldn’t stop eating this. Which wasn’t helpful since I made Carnitas Nachos with this meat. Not to worry, I’ll be sharing that recipe on the blog tomorrow!
But wait, who cares about food. Let’s go back to The Bachelor franchise for just one hot second. So hopefully you follow Kaitlyn Bristowe on snapchat or instagram because I do and I totes want to talk about her freezing her eggs. From what I gather, it’s a sponsored type thing, but man it looks miserable. Like, REALLY miserable. And it got me thinking…should I freeze my eggs? I have no yearning to bear children in any near future, but that may change some day. But then again, I’m only 28. So I looked up Kaitlyn’s age and I think she’s only 30. Our eggs aren’t that far off from each other. They’re basically sorority sisters. Is everyone doing this now? Is it a thing? Tell me all the stuff you know! I need the lowdown!
But in the meantime, totally make these carnitas ASAP!
- 2 pounds pork shoulder or butt, cubed
- 2 teaspoons smoked salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup broth
- lime wedges
- Press Sauté function on instant pot. Once hot, add pork butt and brown on all sides for about 10 minutes. Add all of the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine. Press cancel, secure lid, close off pressure valve then press manual to high pressure and press the up button until the time hits 30 minutes. Once time is up, let the pressure release on its own for 20 minutes, then remove lid.
- When the instant pot is slow releasing, turn oven on to broiler.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the fall-apart meat and onions, and place on a baking sheet. Use two fork to pull apart the meat slightly. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top and place under the broiler to cook for just a few minutes or until the pork begins to brown and crisp.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedges and cilantro before serving!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!