Oh hey there! Did u miss me?! Let’s be realistic, of course you did. I’ve been slightly MIA lately and a terrible Blogger. This is based upon a few reasons. Let’s review.
1. I haven’t cooked anything worth talking about lately. My diet has consisted of pounds of broccoli and insanely good grass fed beef burgers. Delicious but boring to most taste buds.
2. I haven’t gone out much therefore I have no stories to give you.
3. All I do is CrossFit. While I think my wods are worth talking about because I’m usually almost in tears while trying to chase down my training partner Jason, most people really don’t give a sh*t.
But I’m back, and I’m ready to salivate your taste buds with stories from my boring life and thoughts from my dirty mind. That didn’t really make sense. Anywho, speaking of a dirty mind, let’s talk about guy’s butts. I mean, I workout and hang out with some pretty fantastic looking guys, and the mind wanders at times. Before CrossFit, I never even thought twice about a guys ass. They always seemed pretty boring to me. And honestly, kind of useless. But then I began the CrossFitting lifestyle and noticed that guys had butts you could bounce a penny off of, maybe even a quarter….and that just cannot go unnoticed.
So the other day, I was checking out my friend Tom and noticed how fantastic his butt looked. I asked him where his shorts were from and he told me they are the fight shorts his company Renegade Fitness made. They’re super legit. I’m saying definitely even better than Lulu. If you’re a CrossFitter or just want to look like one, these shorts are fantastic. Not only do they stretch so when you’re squatting like a pro below parallel, you don’t get the crotch tear, but your butt will look like a taut ham. What does that look like? Effin’ good. Check them out and then I’ll check you out. And no, this is not a cross-promotion because Tom is not promoting my blog. Nor is he making shorts my ass look fantastic in. But let’s be realistic here, there is no hope for my ass looking better. That would take a team of plastic surgeons and miracles. I’ll stick with squats for now. But at least I can day dream about dudes butts in these shorts. I may even be thinking about yours….
I made pancakes today!!! I didn’t think of this recipe by myself. Fail Juli. Fail.
This recipe is modified by Eat the Cookie. She’s legit. Knows her sh*t.
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup canned coconut milk-full fat-duh.
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- lots of: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
- handful of raisins
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter per 3 pancakes
- lots of maple syrup, obviously!
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl: almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda and powder, and spice together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients: carrots, eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat a large skillet up under medium-high heat and use coconut oil to grease the surface. I used a coconut oil spray that isn't totally paleo but it's easy and I like easy. So suck it.
- Pour batter into small pancakes onto hot griddle. Cook on both sides for 3 or so minutes.
- Top pancakes off with coconut butter and maple syrup. Then eat them. I would honestly pair the pancakes with a breakfast sausage. Meals without meat are stupid.