I may or may not be doing one of two things. I may be watching Man vs. Food or I may be eating sweet potato fries. And it may be 12:30 at night. Ok, I’m doing both things…at the same time…and it really is 12:30am. This show is upsetting yet intoxicating. It’s provocative. It gets the people going. That sh*t cray.
Oh no….the fries just expanded in my stomach. What am I doing with my life? But seriously, why is watching a man take a year off his life every time he does a food challenge so intriguing? I get grossed out every time I watch him drip sweat into his food, then consume that salty additive, yet I still can’t seem to turn away. It’s weird. But honestly, if I was getting the food sweats on a regular basis, I would be a bit worried about what was happening within my bod. Seems freaky..and I’m a really sweaty person. I just ate a good amount of sweet potato fries and there is no way I’m even close to sweating. Ok, that’s a lie. I have clammy hands. But that’s not new news. I hate shaking people’s hands.
Guess what I’m doing today? Not hanging out in Denver, that’s what. Sometimes you need to get away from reality. Problem is, I don’t ski or snowboard, or care to. I used to do it, then I used my brain and decided I shouldn’t have to pay to bruise my ass. I tend to fall a lot. I bruised my ass enough at the CrossFit Xmas party. Yes, I could practice and get better, but then I’d be wasting my time on the mountain instead of being in the gym. I’d really rather be in the gym then doing most things. Sad, but true. So, I’m spending sometime at CrossFit of Breckenridge instead of hurting myself on the slopes. Super stoked! Then I’m going to wander the town until someone becomes my friend…it could be a long night.
Is this recipe creative? No. Is it delicious? Yes. That’s all that really matters.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil (or other oil)
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries OR blueberries OR raisins OR whateverthehellyouwant
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a large microwavable bowl, except the fruit.
- Mix well. If the honey is thick, heat up in the microwave for about 30 seconds and mix well.
- Place on a baking sheet (use parchment paper for easy clean up).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally to help it not burn.
- When you pull it out of the oven, mix in dried fruit. Let cool.
- Consume!! Even eat it with some almond milk or coconut milk. Soo good duuuuuude.