I won’t be here for a couple days. I’m leaving the Denver area and heading to good ole’ Dallas, Texas. On Christmas Day. Oh lord. Traveling kind of blows anyways….but on Christmas Day? When I should be in my bed, wrapped up like corn dog, drinking a heavy whip americano in bed that was just served to me by my true love?! That was totally unrealistic. I’ve never felt like a corn dog in bed.
Anywho, I’m not sure how much I’m going to get to cook out there. Ya see, my grandparents LOVE to feed me. We are a family that loves to eat and my Granny will always see that there is some kind of food available at all hours. And by food, I mean chocolate. I swear, every time I make it out to my grandparents house, I am bombarded with chocolate AND candied nuts. And when I say bombarded, I mean I actually sought out the treats…they’re everywhere. In a basket next to the love seat, in kitchen drawers, on the counter, on the kitchen table…..ev.ver.ree.where. Yes, sound it out how it’s spelled. You’re a quick one.
And the last time my grandparents saw my first tattoo, my Granny slapped me. No, not a cruel ‘I will never speak to you again’ slap, but a ‘you’re an idiot so I’m going to laugh the situation off’ slap. She’s kind, but she don’t take no sh*t. We’ll see what they think of my second tattoo…it’s much bigger…and of a girl lifting…on my side….I can already see their uncomfortable ‘what the sh*t’ smiles now. Oh, I love my grandparents. Cute people they are.
So this pecan coconut butter is pretty rad, I’m not going to lie. Last night it pretty much saved my life when I was staring at 2 plates of 9 dozen cookies. It almost got reallll ugly in that kitchen of mine. There were buckeyes, cookies and cream truffles, SNICKERS BAR FILLED COOKIES, sugar cookies, frosted cookies, date cookies….I mean, I wasn’t really looking that hard. But instead of sampling every single one, I snacked on chicken and this jar of fun. This stuff is delicious…and filling. Eating 1/2 a jar is just not always the best idea. But I still recommend it. Happiness will ensue.
- 1 (7oz) bag of coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans
- 2-3 tablespoons almond oil (or coconut oil or walnut oil, etc.–some kind of nut oil will do)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt (I used coarse sea salt-gives it a little more crunch!)
- Grab your handy dandy food processor!! Don’t have one? You’re dumb. CHRISTMAS PRESENT IDEA!!
- Throw in your coconut flakes and turn your food processor on for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flakes and pulsed down and you have a creamy coconut butter. Sometimes the flakes are just a little different and you’ll get more of a chunky butter so either try pulsing it for a bit longer or don’t worry about it too much, you will be adding lots more stuff so it’s not a huge deal.
- Add in your pecans and turn your food processor back on until pecans are completely pulsed down.
- Now while your food processor is running, start slowly adding your oil until it is to your preferred consistency. I like mine a bit more chunky than totally oily but it’s up to you.
- Now while the food processor is STILL running, add your vanilla, salt and honey to it as well.
- Mix until well combined. Add a bit more oil if needed.
- Eat. I eat mine with a spoon but you can always eat it with fruit if need be.