I’m wearing my retainer right now. My retainer from 8th grade. It’s not comfortable, AT ALL. It’s real tough to actually get them on. It’s similar to putting on my jeans. Snug snug fit. But my teeth are going to be straighter soon. Crazy how much they move in a couple years. Yeah, a couple.
I just steam burned myself. Under the nail. It’s even more uncomfortable than my retainer.
OMG. I have to tell you about something I got yesterday. Only the coolest gift of all time!! I’ve literally never received a gift that is so thoughtful. And gorgeous.
So the boyfriend the other night, when he took me out to Cuba Cuba, told me that he didn’t have my gift yet for me. He said that the company was suppose to have it by Monday, but they lied. So we wouldn’t be able to pick it up for a couple days. I really wasn’t too upset about this. I’m not a huge presents person and it doesn’t bother me if I don’t get any. Or if I don’t get any for other people. As my friends may know. I’m more of a ‘I baked for you’ kind of person. That’s definitely how I show my love.
Anywho, the bf and I left the gym rather quickly yesterday to go pick up my gift. He told me it was next to this amazing ice cream shop called Little Man Ice Cream. Instantly, I wanted ice cream. But I pushed those feelings down and concentrated on the task at hand. We walked into this store called Board Life and I seriously still had no clue what we were getting. I thought he might be getting me a wakeboard or a surfboard since we do that a lot during the summer, but I suck terribly at those things so I wondered why he would rub that in my face more.
Well, once we walked in and he put his hand on a shiny new white and light blue cruiser bike, I about cried. I talked all last summer about how I should buy a cruiser, looked at Craigslist a lot, contemplated forking out the money for one, but alas, I never did it. Throughout the winter, I completely forgot about even biking anywhere. Or my need for a bike. I really only thought about sunshine and days in the park. Well, the boyfriend changed that by getting me a PaleOMG inspired Huntington Beach Bike Company Cruiser fit with a white basket and a light blue matching Kroozie. AND PaleOMG fork decals to put on the back fender of my back. He wasn’t sure what color I’d like, so he got me blue, black, white, grey and chrome to choose from. I went with black. It’s by far the coolest decal in the world. BY FAR.
I’m going to tag every place possible in Denver with my decals. EVERYWHERE.
I’m so excited to tell you about the adventures I have with this bike. Hopefully they do not include falling over, which they probably will since I’m so damn uncoordinated. I was frightened riding in for 12 seconds yesterday.
Wanna see my bike?? OK!!!!
I’m gonna make a cauliflower crust pizza this weekend. I’m feeling it.
For the pesto
- 1/2 cup walnuts, raw and unsalted, roughly chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2-1 cup olive oil (depending how thick you like your pesto)
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
For the toppings
- 0.5 pounds cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- sprinkle of walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together ground beef with basil and parsley and some salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Make 3 equal sized balls of ground beef, put them on a baking sheet, and press down to create round personal sized pizzas. They will shrink so try to press them out as much as possible.
- Place in oven for 8-10 minutes. (you don't want them to cook through fully because they will go back in the oven later and you don't want dry meat)
- While the pizzas are cooking, put your walnuts in a food processor and pulse.
- Then add your garlic cloves and basil and turn food processor on.
- While food processor is still on, add your olive oil slowly until your pesto becomes your preference of “thickness” and then add your lemon juice along with some salt and pepper.
- Once the pizzas or "meatzas" are done cooking, top them with some pesto, shredded chicken, tomatoes and walnuts.
- Add back to oven and cook for another 3-5 minutes until walnuts are slightly toasted.
- Once they are done, add some basil slices on top.
- Then eat up!!