Let’s talk about something. Let’s talk about this Star Wars obsession going on right now. Obviously it’s nothing new, but it’s out of control right now. Sure, people are weird and wait for 2 weeks outside a theatre to see it and sure, people are weird AF and get married in the theatre on release night. But what is super weird is how products relate to Star Wars in any way possible. Drones, cars, and f*cking makeup. Who is like, hell yes, I need Star Wars makeup, that will be perfect to wear to work tomorrow. Who?
I just don’t understand why people get SO excited about it? I mean, there are tons of scifi movies out there. Like Avatar. That sh*t is the best. Why aren’t people dressing up like those Avatar things and walking around in their daily life like that’s perfectly normal? Why? Instead people are doing the storm trooper things. Those storm troopers are so 1970’s. Grow up. But for real, what is it about Star Wars that people become complete whack jobs over it? If you can explain it to me, I’ll give you more free recipes.
I seriously can’t believe it’s Christmas this week. It feels like last week we were just celebrating Thanksgiving and BOOM, Christmas is here. I hate to compare myself to the Grinch, because I think that’s annoying when people call me that, but I have Grinch “tendencies”. I just hate the pressure of finding the perfect gift for Christmas. And I hate the malls and I hate the traffic. And I definitely hate how stressed out people seem. To me, I just don’t ever feel like the holidays are a joyful experience, especially now that they go by in a blink of a eye. This year I asked if instead of giving and receiving presents, we gave money/our time to charity. But that idea didn’t fly. What we did decide on is doing a gift exchange where we bought just one gift for our group of 7 people and you can steal the gift if you want. Like a white elephant gift exchange but serious. So luckily, we only had to buy one gift.
To me, if I want to get something and actually need something, I will find a way to buy it for myself. But so many people out there aren’t as fortunate to be able to do that so I’d love to be able to give back to those people in some way. Sorry to go all deep and sh*t over here. Have any of you guys given up presents all together for the holidays? And how did you talk your family or significant other into it? Tell me stuff while you make these pork chops with ingredients you most likely already have on hand!
- 2 tablespoons Tin Star Ghee
- 4 pork chops
- couple pinches of salt
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 28 ounces of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of herbs de provence
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon torn basil
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of ghee. Liberally salt the pork chops. Once pan is hot, add to the pan, not crowding it to ensure a good sear on the chops. (I cooked to at a time). Sear all chops on both sides for about 3 minutes, until golden then set aside.
- The the hot pan, add onion and garlic cloves and a bit of salt then use a wooden spatula to scrape the pork chops bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the onions cook for about 10-15 minutes, until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients except for the basil and pepper, mix to combine and let cook for another 10-15 minutes, until tomatoes have broken down a bit.
- Lastly, add pork chops back to the pan with the sauce and completely cover in the sauce. Cover with lid and let cook for about 5 more minutes, until pork chops are completely cooked through.
- Lastly, add torn basil and pepper and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately with sauce mixture on top of pork chops!
More Pork Chops, Anyone?
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!