I forgot to tell you yesterday that when I drank the other night, my first drink tasted like grass. Sergio and I thought it would be a good idea to put mashed up kiwi in our vodka sodas since we didn’t have lime. It wasn’t a good idea. At all. It smelled like I was taking a wheat grass shot but tasted like vodka. How in the hell is that any fun whatsoever?
Anywho, I need to get my life together. I drank alcohol like I was in college over the weekend. But didn’t black out! GO ME! Then consumed most likely a half pound of dark chocolate M&M’s that Laura got me from the M&M store in New York. They were dark chocolate raspberry, people!! HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSE TO STAY AWAY? Then I fell asleep on the couch. I’m just kind of a mess. Have I fallen off the band wagon? Is every single one of my cellulite dimples about to appear? Too late for that. But I’m down with it. This month has officially become ‘do whatever you effing want JB’ month. And I’m super happy with it. I had M&M’s for breakfast for gosh sakes. Then waffles later. Sh*t yeah there are going to be waffles on the website this week!!
But I think I am actually almost back to normal. I kind of hated working out last week. Just because my body ached and chocolate seemed like a better option. Dark chocolate never strains my back. But now I like working out again. And being in the gym. Thank gosh since it’s my job and all. I’m officially SO excited to train for next years Regionals. Maybe I’ll try incorporating dark chocolate raspberry M&M’s in my daily breakfast routine. Seems like a good idea to me.
- 14oz US Wellness Meats Skirt Steak
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 container of mushrooms, sliced
- handful of fresh basil
- however many eggs you want (I recommend 4-8) cooked however you want! so many options
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, peeled and cored
- 8-10oz roasted red peppers, from a jar (drained)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- First make your roasted red pepper avocado spread. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend. Place in bowl to refrigerate and chill out.
- Now place a large skillet under medium heat and get that b*tch extra hot.
- While the skillet is heating up, salt and pepper both sides of your steak and press dried basil and oregano into the steak.
- Place steak in skillet and cook on both sides for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through to your preference.
- While the steak is cooking, chop your veggies.
- Once steak is done, place on cooking board to rest.
- Add your onions directly to the leftover steak fat with a sprinkle of salt and cover to help cook down, mixing around at times to make sure the onions don't burn.
- Once your onions are caramelized, 6-8 minutes, remove and place in bowl.
- Now add your red bell pepper and mushrooms, add a bit more salt and cover to let cook down for 3-5 minutes.
- Once your veggies are done cooking, thinly slice your steak (or chop) and add to your pan, along with onions and mix together.
- Cook eggs to preference to top on hash.
- Top with fresh basil.
- Eat that up!!
More Breakfast Ideas:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!