I don’t know how I feel about St. Patrick’s Day. I think I’m part Irish, but I don’t really know. So I don’t really feel like I have the right to celebrate that day. It’s one of those holidays that seems to just give us another reason to drink without feeling guilty about it. Welp, I don’t really feel bad about drinking in the first place, so I don’t need a holiday to do so. BUT I wasn’t in the mood to drink this weekend after my little run in with gluten a week back. It seems as though my stomach has FINALLY healed itself after a full week of awful stomach aches and nervous feelings while doing box jumps during 13.2. Knowwhatimsayinknowwhatimsayin?! If you don’t, shame. But after staying in on Friday and having dinner with my parents on Saturday to deny the temptation of alcohol, I gave in.
I celebrated my stomach feeling better with a bloody mary on Sunday. That’s my favorite day of the week. Mostly because everyone is so fond of bloody marys that day. So I’m not the weird one who wants one. Like I have been when I’ve ordered a bloody on a Friday night. Which tasted like ketchup. I learned my lesson.
So guess what today brings? A new 21 Day Sugar Detox. It’s time to cut out the sugar, clean out the body, and see if I can shrink my bum just a little. Dominican Republic trip is coming up reaaaaal quick and that means bikinis. And bums out all over the place. And mine is really all over the place. So I’m doing my happy version of CrossFit, running, doing my abs, and cutting out the sugar. I totally feel like I’m in my senior year of college again, right before I went to Cancun. Except I’m way less tan at this point in my life. Tanning beds and I had a close relationship back then. I know, I know. I don’t need the lecture.
Anywho, I’m pumped to do this little sugar detox again. I absolutely loved it the first time. Well, after I got over the fourth day of getting dizzy and almost blacking out while working out. And coaching. And doing the dishes. And sitting on the toilet. That’s always a blast. Turns out, when you’re not eating fruit, you need to pack on the carbs in the amount of a crap ton of veggies. Learned that the hard way….
Who wants to join me in the 21 Day Sugar Detox?? Well, you totally should. I say that for selfish reasons. I need a support system. I already have Laura and my friend Kam doing it. But I need more. I ALWAYS NEED MORE.
PS- sorry these muffins aren’t sugar detox approved. I’ll work on that asap. Obviously.
There’s a new New Girl this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m officially happy.
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3 dried dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup strawberries, diced
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, puree bananas, eggs, dates, sunflower seed butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Then add flaxseed meal, coconut flour, baking soda and powder, and salt and puree once more.
- Add mixture to a mixing bowl then fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Line muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, plop mixture in the muffin liners, and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through. I know, long time. But that's how it must be.
- Makes 8-9 muffins.