I’m becoming obsessed with HGTV.
So it’s weird being back in a normal globo gym. I’ve been comfortable with my Crossfit gym for 3 years now. I’ve met some of my best friends in those gyms I’ve worked and worked out in. But I was never really hit on at any of those gyms. Probably because I was screaming at those guys about pushing their knees out during their squats or maybe because I just don’t ooze sex appeal. Either way, my Crossfit gyms haven’t been filled with creeps. Well, I’m experiencing the creepy side again. During spin class. The last thing I want to do is speak during spin class, let alone talk to some large male who screams creep with shorts that are similar to boxers. Loose boxers. No one should spin in those. Globo gyms are weird.
Instagram is funny. And intense. Most food pictures I post, people have something to say about them. Especially since I call myself paleo, but I don’t abide by paleo “standards”. Since I make desserts, or because I eat corn sometimes, or since I drink alcohol, or because I use a microwave. I just like to live life on the edge. I really don’t mind that people sometimes hate me for what I eat, especially because it’s very interesting to see how many different opinions there are out there, but geeeeeeez do people have opinions. Like, really intense opinions. Then people fight each other about a picture I posted. And all hell breaks loose. Not really. But people, stop getting angered by my food. It’s delicious. No wait, get mad. It’s kind of fun.
Guess what else is fun? I head to California today. Yep, another trip. Thankfully I had a little over a week to recover from my trip to D.C., so now I’m heading to the west coast instead. Which is honestly one of my favorite places to visit. I thought about living in California for a long time, but Colorado is too close to my heart. So instead, I’ll be heading out there regularly to work on a project. It’s exciting. I’ll tell you about it later, though. Pinky swear promise.
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 small yellow squash, shredded
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- ½ yellow onion, shredded
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice (I used duck fat)
- avocado, diced (to garnish)
- green onions, diced (to garnish)
- Shred all vegetables. I used the shredding attachment on my food processor.
- Mix vegetables with almond flour, eggs, garlic cloves, basil, parsley, and salt and pepper with your hands.
- Make 6-7 patties and flatten them out.
- Heat a large skillet up over medium-high heat, add fat of choice, then place as many patties as you can fit in the pan without overcrowding it.
- Cook 5-7 minutes per side, until pancakes are browned.
- Top with avocado and green onions. AND MEAT!