It’s quite annoying when days don’t start off how you want them to. The other night I couldn’t really sleep. Then I kept waking up all sweaty, even though the air conditioning was on. Maybe I was having a nightmare? I don’t really know. Either way, I didn’t want to wake up. But once I did, I started cleaning the house. No one really likes cleaning. If they do, they’re lying. But I did it, and pretty much instantly hit the table which had my candle warmer on it with a warm candle on top, which so luckily spilled all over the wall. Then instantly dried like wax does. I’ll blame it on the sleep deprivation. So I spent the next 30 minutes scraping it off the wall, warming up a wash cloth to wipe it off, then using my thumb nail scrape more of it, while most of it just fell onto the carpet. It wasn’t until I was halfway done that my genius man of boyfriend told me to use a hair dryer to heat up the wax and melt it off the wall. Which worked magically and took about 14 seconds to clean up.
Moral of the story: I wish I used more of my brain function in the mornings.
On a more exciting note, get this, I got my dishwasher door fixed yesterday. I KNOW, thrilling. But for real, it’s really great news. Before, the door would come crashing down and almost break anything in its way. Like your knee, or arm, or sometimes face. Quite dangerous. And I don’t really like to live on the wild, dangerous side with broken limbs. So it is now fixed and life is wonderful in my kitchen.
Yesterday I watched part of the movie ‘Selena’ and was sad to not get to watch the whole thing. Never once have I finished that movie. But that’s besides the point. Let’s talk about all of Selena’s (or Jennifer Lopez) crop tops with high waisted pants. It’s interesting how styles come back. High waisted skirts and shorts with crop tops are the new hit of the season this year. I’m not brave enough to sport it, because I don’t look like J-Lo, but I really want to. Not the high waisted shorts, because I think that’s a disgusting look, but definitely skirts. I’m going to try it out this summer…maybe.
Speaking of barely there clothing, the CrossFit Games 14.4 workout was announced! The girl who does the open demo workouts pretty much has the best butt ever. People who can sport white spandex (meaning underwear) while working out, or really just walking down the street, are extremely lucky people. She is one of them. Anywho, this workout looks super fun. I wish I was good enough to get to the muscle ups because I really want to know if I could get one nowadays when I’m all tired and such. But it looks super fun. It may be another post workout champagne shower kind of Friday night. I’ll let you know come Monday. Kloveyoubye!
- 3 medium, round sweet potatoes or yams
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (or sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- pinch of salt
- couple tablespoons of oil, to grease the pan (coconut oil, etc.)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- small handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- handful of chopped roasted cashews
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke a couple holes with a knife in each sweet potato. Wrap the potato in foil and place in oven and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until potato is soft.
- When sweet potatoes have about 15 minutes left to cook, begin to make the rest. Place coconut milk, almond butter, coconut amines, garlic sauce, sesame oil, honey, red pepper flakes, garlic clove and salt in a blender and puree until well mixed.
- Place a small amount of oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chopped chicken, red bell pepper and sprinkle with garlic powder and a bit of salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes then add green onions and the sauce and mix well with the chicken.
- Cut all 3 sweet potatoes down the middle, fill with the chicken mixture, topped with cilantro and cashews.