APPETIZERS!! Appetizers are my favorite. I have a tendency to go crazy when it comes to appetizers. And eating. I love it. I love tiny, bite size food that I get to eat BEFORE my meal. Greatest idea ever?? I think so. So I came up with a couple appetizers that you can put out at your Thanksgiving get together that aren’t the normal cheese and crackers bullish*t. Even though I love cheese and crackers.
Being back home is amazing. I want to shout it at the rooftops. All I do is smile every where I go. Mostly because Colorado has been BEAUTIFUL. Fall could not be more perfect. 60-70 degrees every day, with the sun shining, and the squirrels eating things off my front porch. Those fat bastards ate through a Paleo Treats box the other day. Mother effers. Whatever. Juli don’t care. She’s got the Colorado sun.
It’s gonna snow soon. I just know it. Damnit Colorado.
Every since I’ve been home, I’ve been constantly sore. I’ve figured out that if I don’t have CrossFit Broadway in my life, I’m not as happy. No where near as happy. I can go to other CrossFit gyms, I can spin, I can run, I can do normal workouts in a globo gym, but nothing makes me near as happy as my home gym does. But I think that love for CrossFit also has to do with finally being able to squat. Thanks to Mark at Wine Country Chiropractic in California, my hips and hip flexors have finally started to freak out less. It’s amazing. I swear he’s not paying me to say this. I’m paying him to work on me. But he’s fantastic and deserves the recognition. I still need to find an ART specialist out here in Colorado that’s amazing because I haven’t felt this good in probably over a year. ART for the win!
OMG is anyone else extremely excited for the second Hunger Games movie to come out?? I couldn’t get through the third book, but I loved the second one. So I’m pumped to get all teenaged up with my girlfriends and see it in the movie theatre. Has anyone else read the book Divergent? I just saw the trailer for the movie and now I totes want to read it. Stop being annoyed I said totes. It has to happen sometimes.
Wow. I had a lot to talk about today. That’s a joke. I’m being facetious. Big word Friday! Kbye.
- 12 mushroom caps, cleaned and stems removed (try to find small, bite size caps)
- ¾ pound italian sausage
- goat cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps. With the ¾ pound italian sausage, use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop about a tablespoon and shape into meatballs. Place meatball into the mushroom caps. Using the tip of a knife, push the tip into the top of the meatball, swirl around to create a whole, then place a small goat cheese crumble into the top. Repeat with all mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until meat has cooked through.
- On each skewer, place a piece of pineapple, then a sausage round, then a shrimp (I kept on the tail for looks, but remove it if you would like). Repeat with all skewers.
- Place a large pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Once pan is hot, add as many skewers as possible to the pan without crowding it. Sprinkle skewers with a bit of salt before flipping them. They will need to cook for about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with all skewers.
- Once all of the skewers are cooked, add a drop of pesto (or as much as you would like) on each sausage round.